Chapter 5: Café

(Small hint in this one – your "the usual" is your fav food)

     Doing your homework and drinking hot cocoa with cookies, you can't help, but wonder about what happened previously – was Morro scared of Cole or what? And why? Since when?
     Such thoughts plague your mind for a while, until that specific detail that Cole told you about, reappears in your brain – they had some past conflicts, right? How could you forget this, (Y/n)? Do you listen to what people tell you at all?

     Deciding, it wouldn't be really polite from you to attack either of them with questions about their conflicts, you just take your phone, cocoa and cookies downstairs, after finishing the damn homework of course, and turn on TV.
     Until a sudden ping! in your phone signals you've just received a message.
     From an unknown number.

Unknown :
Hey (Y/n)! I totally forgot to ask if tomorrow do you want me to go to your house or do you wanna come to my house for the project?

     Okay, umm, who's this...? Who did you give your number, gurl?

Y/n :
Who dis ?

Unknown :
Oh sorry Morro here!

It's my number you can save it

got yours from Lloyd, hope you're okay with it.

Y/n :

Oh

yeah it's okay. No probs

Morro :
So about the project..?

Y/n :
If you wanna you can come to my house

Morro :
If you're fine with it?

Y/n :
Yeah i'm okay with it.

Morro :
Well, okay. Tomorrow after school?

Y/n :
Sure, sounds good

Morro :
Alright. Tommorow after school, then. Bye

Y/n :
Bye

     "Huh, that was quick..." You mumble and take a sip from the cocoa. Switching between the TV channels show nothing more than romance series with tropes known way too much, children cartoons or news with the lady who never sleeps.

|×|×|×|

     Even though the shocking news were received not that long ago, Morro still decided he needed to talk this through with Archer. It wasn't even anything that bad, really, though the thought alone that Cole Brookstone had wormed his way into your life as your friend was a scary thought.
     On the other hand, it was nothing surprising. Ninjas were... The kind of people who would even befriend a mosquito, if they only wanted. All the past and all the things Morro had done now rested on his own shoulders, he guessed.
     What Archer had said about the "admiration from the 7th grade" was... Well, it wasn't particularly correct but it wasn't wrong either, if that made sense. Arch just had a "different sense of humor", let's put it like that, and if he liked one thing, it was teasing Morro about literally anything. Should Morro explain it in his own way, he would say it was neither "admiration" nor "stalking". Just a casual glance in your direction at times when you were more expressive than usual. It might sound like he's excusing himself or whatever, but fuck Archer and his teasing.
     What Morro hated about himself the most was his negligence. His negligence that he did not notice your friends around you. Okay now he kind of sounded like an asshole searching for excuses again but how the hell is he supposed to even talk to you if there's Cole Brookstone and his little group around you??? Sure, Morro and his little bunch know Cole and the others but are they on good terms to know each other? Hell no. They are old enemies who defeated him and his bunch in the past because of his thirst for... For power. Or something.
     Wow, times sure change. Feels like his desperate try to unleash the Preeminent and take over NinjaGo happened only yesterday. Including his supposed "end".
     Damn it, why is he even thinking about it...