Chapter 7

I woke up at 10:30 and decided to go to Starbucks for breakfast. I don't mean to be basic but, it's the closest coffee shop to my apartment.

I pressed the down button on the elevator and waited for the doors to open. After a few seconds the doors opened and I pressed "1". The elevator descended to the first floor and then I exited the apartment building and headed to Starbucks. I ordered an iced coffee with soy milk and a shot of espresso, and a blueberry muffin. I decided to sit in a  private area in the corner of the shop. I sipped my coffee and ate my muffin while scrolling through Twitter. Nothing interesting was on my timeline until I saw someone retweet a TMZ article with the title "Yankees Trainer Pregnant with Giancarlo Stanton's Baby". I immediately sent it to G.

T: surprise, you're a dad!

G: lmfao really? You really can't hang out with anyone without tabs assuming shit lol

T: ikr

Once I was finished my breakfast I intended to go straight back to my apartment, but got distracted by a Carter's store. The only damage I did was getting a few black and white onesies with different prints on them. One of them had a little rose at the collar which is my favorite.

By the time I got back to my apartment it was almost noon. I decided to get ready for my appointment so I could relax before it. After I got dressed I took a nap on the couch, only to be woken up every few minutes by my baby.

I was watching TV when I heard a knock on my door. I got up and looked through the peephole to see Aaron. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Hi!" I greeted him.

"Hey, you ready?"

"Yeah just let me grab my bag." I told him and went and got my bag off of the kitchen counter.

We left my apartment building and got in his car.

"So, where is it?" Aaron asked.

"New York Pres." I said.

He put the address in the GPS and began driving.

"How many more weeks?" Aaron asked me, making conversation.

"Supposed to be 8 weeks, but babies tend to have their own agenda."

We talked about the baby, and then the game tonight, and soon enough we were at the hospital. We parked and walked in, and on the elevator I realized that everyone would think he's the father. Shit. I didn't say anything to Aaron and continued to the maternity unit. Once we got there I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here for my 32 week appointment?"

The lady clicked her mouse a few times, pulling something up.

"Taylor?" She asked.

"Yes." I verified.

"Alright, have a seat and we'll call you back shortly."

"Okay."

I turned around and there were quite a few pregnant ladies in the waiting room. I sat down and Aaron followed, sitting next to me. I knew not many people cared or assumed that Aaron was the father, but I have anxiety, so I thought everyone in the room was staring at me. I was in my thought when I heard my name called. My head snapped up and I stood up.

"Do you want me to stay here?" Aaron asked.

"No you can come with me if you want." I offered.

Aaron stood up and followed behind me and the nurse.

"The doctor will be in with you shortly." She said closing the door.

"So what are they going to do?" Aaron questioned once she was gone.

"Go over the same stuff they did last time, go over my birth plan, and make sure she's healthy." I told him.

"Also did you see that article about me and G?"

"Yeah." He laughed.

We kept talking until the doctor came in.

"Hi Taylor, I'm Dr. Hawkins, how are you feeling today?" The doctor said, shaking my hand.

"Good."

"So today we are supposed to review your birth plan...but I don't see one in your chart. Do you mind going over that with me?"

"Sure." I said. "I plan to do an in-hospital birth, with an epidural."

He wrote that down, took my vitals, and turned on the Ultrasound machine.

"We're just going to take a look at your baby and make sure she's developing properly." He stated, putting the cold jelly across my stomach.

"Your baby is doing just fine, but on the phone you were complaining of hip and back pain?" Dr. Hawkins asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Okay well there's not much we can do for that, but I will have you do a wrap to alleviate the weight that is likely causing the pain. I'll put it on you to show you how to wrap it."

He took out a thick gauze bandage and wrapped it around my belly so that it lifted on the bottom of it.

The rest of the appointment went fine and we headed to the stadium.

•At Yankee Stadium•

"Hey Taylor." Didi greeted me.

"Hey D." I said walking past him and into my office.

I took care of the boys' pre game wraps and then headed to the dugout. I sat next to Aaron and we talked about the game.

The game went by quickly, us winning 5-0. After the press conference Boone called me into his office.

"Hi." I said walking in and closing the door.

"Hey I just wanted to let you know that we've found your replacement for when you're on maternity leave." Boone said showing me a file.

I reviewed it and looked at their credentials.

"Alright, well they seem to have all the right credentials."

Boone wrapped up what he had to say and I walked through the clubhouse to my office. On my way there I saw a glimpse of Aaron in the middle of putting an shirt on. My cheeks became hot and I sped up my pace to my office. We love pregnancy hormones.

I gathered my stuff and made my way to the train station. After I got home I took a hot shower and watched Netflix before falling asleep.