The past.

You felt someone tapping your shoulders, you hastily turned around and held back a scream. Killer was standing next to your bed.

- Good morning.
- Good morning ? You replied suspiciously.
- You stink, go take a shower, breakfast will be ready in thirty minutes. He said as he shoved a purple towel into your hands and walked away.
- Wait ! He stopped and turned around. What am I doing here ?

- Who knows... He said and left for good.

You headed toward the bathroom in your room, undressed and let the cold water running on your skin. You let your thoughts wandered. You still didn't know where you were and why they were keeping you. The captain obviously couldn't stand you and yet you weren't treated like a prisoner. Ironically it had been a long time since you had the luxury to sleep on a bed. You got off of the shower and put the towel around your body. You sighed and look at the shirt, you missed your old clothes even though they were in rags. You walked into the hallway and headed to your left this time, if your stomach wasn't protesting loudly you would have avoided all contacts with them. You heard people talking behind a door and slowly opened it. Everyone went silent once you stepped in, you felt awkward. The man you feared to see wasn't there and you felt relieved to see that Killer was there, there were two other men sitting at the table, eyeing at you. One had a long light blue, shaggy hair and his mouth seemed stretched to the sides of his face and Thorn tattoos run along his shoulders, arms and neck and the other one wore a dark brown headdress like a cloak and had a necklace with small ax blades on it. You stayed at the entrance of the dining room.

- Have a seat, Killer said as he pulled out a chair, this is Heat and Wire. He continued gesturing the two men.
- H-Hi.

They both nodded at your greeting and refocused on their food. You sat down and looked at the food in front of you, praying that you would be able to eat this time. You took a slice of bread and when you were about to find out if you could eat the door swung open.

- Captain, Killer greeted him as the other two nodded again.

His eyes fell on you.

- What is she doing here ? He asked
- Eating, Killer simply responded.

Something made him smile as he sat in front of you without taking his eyes off of you.

- Already cured ? He asked.

You glared at him, you hated him. How could he find someone's suffering amusing ?

- Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern. You harshly responded.

He snorted and kept on looking at you. It was obviously a lie and he knew it. You opened your mouth and started chewing, you wanted to cry, it was painful but you didn't want to give him satisfaction so you bore with it and pretended to be fine. His smile left his face and he glared at you, you smiled back : he wasn't amused anymore. You could have found his attitude funny if he wasn't scary. The room was silent, the only sounds that invaded the silence were the jingling of the cutlery.

- What's your name ? A hoarse voice asked

Your eyes widened and you stopped chewing, you looked at Kid in disbelief.

- What ? He growled
- Why do you care ?
- Just answer the damn question like a good girl !
- None of you answered my questions ! You talked back

You expected him to be mad but instead he grabbed your chin and moved his face closer to yours.

- You're really something...You're in my lair, eating my food, wearing my clothes. Just a little reminder of your position. If it's still isn't clear to you, you're mine and I don't like when a simple toy talked back... He tightened his grip. So, what's your name ?

You didn't take your eyes off of him, you didn't want to show that you were intimidated.

- _____. You responded.

He let go of you and smirked.

- Welcome to my lair, ____.

You clenched your fists, to hide your shaking and returned to your eating, chewing faster.

- How did you end up on that ship ? Killer asked.

You didn't want another confrontation with Kid, so you just answered.

- I don't really recall what happened...I was walking in town and some strange men kidnapped me, my consciousness slowly faded away and next thing I know I was chained in that ship.

Even though Kid pretended not to listen you saw that his head was slightly turned toward you.

- I think I stayed one year with them...But I started to disobey and they didn't like it...I thought that they were going to kill me but they decided that they could still sell me to someone at a good price, so they just chained me and let me starve. You paused, you didn't want to talk about this part of your life. Why did you attack that ship ?
- They made the mistake to cross our path, he simply stated.

They all started to talk about how the people on that ship were weak and that they wanted to fight someone stronger next time. That took away your appetite. You wanted more than anyone to see those slave's traders dead but you could still hear the sounds of people crying and begging for their lives and their last scream before dying. You got up and returned to your room, no one seemed to have noticed that you were gone. You stayed in front of your door and looked at the end of the hallway and headed this way. You were still curious about the room from yesterday. You checked the hallway one last time and entered the room. You didn't know what most of those works were supposed to be but you were fascinated. You walked around the room, trying to guess what was what and who made it. You found one with an odd shape and you stretched out your arm.