Prologue

Its been a year since David and Gwen adopted Max as their son. They have decided to move to a new place, to start their new lives with Max in hopes they could learn more about him as he could them. David was collecting a few boxes from the mover trucks with some of the movers helping him settle them in.

Gwen helped out as well in the since she would tell them what boxes go where and if they even dared to place them in the living room to leave them there she threatened them by not giving them tips or a good review on yelp. Max leaned against the wall on his porch holding his bear to his chest watching David and the movers move the boxes inside. He looked around the yard before him and scoffed before turning inside.

The movers passed Max without a second glance as he entered. David stood there with his hands on his hips looking at the boxes in their corresponding places. He sighed with satisfaction. "Isn't this great, Max?" David said cheerfully, "Not only did we get to move into such an amazing home, but I got to move in it with you!" David said turning around and picking up his son to hug him.

Max squirmed out of his father's grasp forcing him to let go and drop him on the floor. Max landed on his feet dusting himself off. "Yeah, great in the sense that not only was I forced to spend my whole summer with you, but now my whole life." Max said venously. David sighed kneeling before Max, "It can't be all bad, just think of all the fun we could have together." David said hopefully, Max starred at his father blankly before turning away from him and heading into the hallway to find Gwen arranging the books on the bookshelf.

"Oh, hey, Max." Gwen said looking over her shoulder, "Would you mind handing me that stack of books over there? I kind of can't get them at the moment, if I move from here the books will fall and be out of place." Max shrugged picking up the stack of books, he walked over to Gwen and she placed each one by one on the shelves in order from volume to volume.

"Where are your movies?" Max asked as he handed the last couple of books to Gwen, "Oh, they are in my office, well... Its not really an office yet, but I'm working on it." She said taking the last book from Max. " Thanks, Max, maybe you should unpack to, pick your room or whatever. If not that then maybe explore the place a little bit, get use to your surroundings and find where everything is. We're going to be here for a long time to might as well." Gwen said placing glass over the bookshelf.

Max shrugged and took her suggestion, he wondered the house aimlessly finding the foyer, the living room, the kitchen, the three bathrooms, and a few empty rooms that had nothing special in them. He couldn't really complain about the place though, it may be boring, but then again his life has always been pretty boring--well until he met David.

He entered a room with a fireplace and a painting of a boy in blue, on the other side there was a piano. Max walked over to the piano examining it--touching the surface he finds that it has been collecting dust, how long well he could only guess for perhaps a decade by the condition the house itself is in. "This place is falling apart." He said wiping the dust off his fingers and onto his hoodie.

"Now where is David?" He asked himself searching the house for his father, he went up the stairs towards the rooms he has found before that were empty, he walked into the one in between the other two and found David unpacking Max's things. He already had the bed set up and a few shelves surrounding the room. He even added a few posters and a couple drawings Max has made during camp.

"David? What are you doing?" Max said looking down at the man who was under Max's desk putting it together, Max's sudden words spooked David and he ended up hitting his head on the birch desk. "Ouch... Hey, Max! I'm glad you're here. I was going to come and find you but, Gwen told me you were familiarizing yourself with the house and I didn't want to bother you. What do you think?" David said happily showing Max his new room. Max looked around eyeing the many things David used to decorate it. He even had a picture of everyone from camp on his night stand.