15

Jihoon locked himself in his room for hours. He sat against the wooden door with the envelope in his hands. He stuffed his tear strained face into his arms before letting his tears flow again. His quiet sobs filled his room.

After some time, he wiped his tears vigorously before slowly opening the envelope. He took the notebook out of the envelope. He placed the envelope down on the floor.

He traced  the cover of the notebook with his fingers slowly taking in its texture. A single rose in the cover made it more beautiful than it already was. He slowly opened the notebook.

Lee Haneul's

He smiled a little through his tears as he looked at the way it was written. She doesn't have perfect handwriting, it was messy but jihoon loved it.

He flipped the page unto the next one.

There was a shading of the garden. It was drew of the view from above. He guessed she must have drawn this from the hospital building.

He flipped unto the next one.

There was a drawing of the garden entrance. She drew very delicately. The shades blended really well.

It was very beautiful.

It was the first time ever jihoon saw the drawings by haneul.

He flipped unto the next one.

It was drawing of the fountain. It was really breathtaking. Jihoon traced the drawing with his hands as tears threatened to fall down from his eyes.

He flipped the pages. Many were the drawings of the garden, birds or the sky. But there were more drawings of the fountain.

There was a picture of a guy in a hoodie with a bag slung on his shoulder. He realised it was him.He smiled as he saw that.

There was a another picture of jihoon, sitting in the bench looking at the sky.

There was a picture of a guy riding a bicycle with a girl behind.
And a picture of a guy and a girl hugging. He realised that it was him and haneul. The day they hugged in front of the hospital building.

There was even a little heart at the end. His tears started flowing down as he wiped quickly before it could fall on the drawing.

He flipped some more drawings. The notebook was filled drawings. There was some thing written on the last page by haneul.

He chuckled at her messy handwriting.

☘️☘️☘️

My dear jihoonie,

The time you read this, i probably wouldn't be there. I'm sorry. And I'm thankful towards you. You always brought a smile on my face and you cared about me. Just remember that i will always be near you. No matter where i am, i will always watch you. Never feel sorry for me, its bound to happen this way even before we both met. I'm glad i met you. You made my last memories memorable. I hope you won't be sad for a long time. I know I'm selfish for spending my last moments with you happily and leaving you alone to suffer. Please forgive me. Move on with your life and always be happy. To be honest, the day i told the truth to you,i know what you were about to say that day. I know that you liked me. Jihoonie, i like you too. I don't want to say this, because i don't want to make it hard for you. However, i decided to be truthful, more like selfish again. But i really hope you'd move on and be happy. Don't be stuck in the past for a long time. Take your time slowly, i will always be there for you, even if you could never see or sense me. And you'll always be in my heart, my one and only friend jihoonie♡♡

☘️☘️☘️

Jihoon closed the notebook and hugged it tightly close to his chest as he cried out loud. He couldn't bear the pain he had. That day he slept on the floor while crying.

He woke up next morning and rubbed his sour neck. He took the notebook and kept it inside his drawer before taking a shower. He put on a black hoodie and ripped black jeans and looked into the mirror.

He looked like a zombie, with his puffy eyes and eye bags. He fiddled with the chain that haneul gave him.

He heaved sigh before taking the paper that the girl in the information desk gave him that day.

He left the house with heavy heart to the cemetery .

Lee haneul

Birth:14.3.2001

Death:13.2.2019

Jihoon placed the bouquet of red roses on haneul's grave before kneeling down.

There was no else, the only sound of jihoon's sob and the rustling of the leaves was audible.

He sat in front of her grave, his legs close to his chest, he wrapped his arms around his legs before he plopped his face inside his arms.

Haneul, i miss you and i loved you, love you and always will. Because you're haneul.

Jihoon murmured as he spent the rest of the day with her at the cemetery.
He didn't know what else to say and he wasn't ready to talk to her more and he knew that. But he will visit her regularly, once or twice a week and will eventually start to open up to her. Others may think he is stupid to talk to person who is dead in the graveyard. But for him, she's his haneul. The one he loved dearly.

                           ☘END️☘️

_______________________________________
If you read this far, I'm really thankful. Thank you for reading this lame story. ❤️