Chapter Twenty

Walang nakapagsalita sa aming dalawa ni Jakob. Silver's guarded face slowly turned into something menacing. He looked away from Jakob and transferred his scrutinizing stares on me.

"Why is he calling you Fabienne?" he sternly asked.

"You heard me wrong," Jakob finally managed to speak.

"No." Umiling si Silver. He advanced a step to close the distance between the two of us. "Don't mistake me for a fool. Narinig ko. I heard you address her as Fabienne."

The cat is out of the bag. Silver isn't stupid. Denying him would only make him more curious and he'll never stop until he finds out. It'll be a wiser decision to tell him the truth and maybe he can help solve the case.

With a final decision made, I let out a heavy sigh. "I think you two should sit down."

"You're gonna tell him?" Jakob said with complete distaste.

"Tell me what?" Silver asked. His face has now morphed into a perplexed one. I'm sure he wants to know what's happening.

I merely took a sip on my drink and glanced at the chairs so they'd get the hint and take a seat.

Jakob reluctantly sat on the chair on my right while Silver chose to sit on the chair across me. There was judgment and disbelief in his eyes as he gazed at me and Jakob.

"I'll tell you something but can you promise to keep an open mind?" I somberly asked Silver.

Nalukot ang noo niya pero sa huli ay tumango rin. "I promise."

"Do you really have to let him know?" Jakob asked in an exasperated voice.

"Maybe he can help us." I shrugged and looked at Silver who was watching us with a perplexed expression.

"What is it?" Silver impatiently urged.

"I'm Fabienne," I simply stated.

Unti-unting nalukot ang mukha ni Silver na tila naguguluhan. Repulsion gradually painted on his face. "What?"

I paused. I let him reel in the idea. Mahirap tanggapin ang impormasyon na 'yon. Especially to a man like Silver who's true believer of Science. He's studying Medicine after all.

"How can you be Fabienne? Are you out of your mind?" He grimaced at me like I was crazy. I maintained a poker face.

"Try me." I shrugged and smiled. "Ask me something that only you and 'Fabienne' know."

Silver eyed me with distrust. I smiled at him in return.

"What did you give me in our last anniversary?" he asked smugly.

I rolled my eyes. That's a trick question. "We were only together" I did an air quote with my fingers at the word. "for nine months."

"First Christmas together?" muling tanong niya.

"We didn't give each other a gift. We bought it with our own money and pretended that we bought it for each other." I proudly grinned at him. Bumukas ang bibig niya pero itinuloy ko ang pagsasalita bago siya makapagsabi ng kung ano, "And you bought whatever Balenciaga shoes. I bought a Coach bag."

"When and where did our first kiss happen?" he asked again.

Jakob grunted. "Is this really necessary?"

I grimaced openly at Silver. "We never kissed, Mondragon."

Silver's lips parted. He gawked at me, looking completely stunned. He shook his head. "It's not possible."