Chapter 2- The Scars

**HEY GUYS THANKS SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT I LOVE HEARING YOU GUY'S OPINIONS!:) THIS ONE WAS LITTLE HARD TO WRITE SINCE I KINDA WAS JUST FREE WRITING THE FIRST ONE ANYWAYS THANKS! SORRY FOR POSTING SO LATE I HAD MAJOR WRITTERS BLOCK, PS I CHANGED SOME STUFF IN THE THE FIRST CHAPTER SO YOU MIGHT WANNA RE-READ THAT. THANKS A BUNCH!

-XoXo Brittany**

The whole drive home I said nothing, watching the tree's roll by and keeping my IPod on shuffle, even though I skipped most the songs to hear the ones I wanted. When we got to my long four-mile driveway, my mom stopped as if she knew what I needed most. I lean over and kiss her on the cheek, and she smiled. I know my mom always tries her best to make me happy, to make up for sending me off for ten years, and she really does make me happy most of the times, but the times she doesn't it means she's the worst mom ever.

Already dressed and ready to run, I hop out, hitting the brisk cold of fall, and start warming up by bouncing on the balls of my feet and jogging in place. My mom reeves the engine of our Hyundai Coupe and I get into starting position as I listen to her count down from ten in her head.

"...3, 2, 1, Go!"

On the mark, we both took off. The whole way she was ahead by a foot but I knew how to cut her off and take the lead; I sucked in one giant breath and pushed even harder causing me to immediately be ahead of her. Racing to finish the last 30 feet I passed the finish line we drew and skitted to a stop, causing me to fall

Looking up at the sky I watch the clouds slowly roll by, breathing hard. The pain in my right side pulsed and the cut on my face burned. "Alice! Oh. My. Gosh, are you okay!" My mom hops out of the parked car and jogs towards me laughing. She bends over me inspecting my now-scars, from where I was cut, and is now healing. "That was a pretty nasty fall! What have I told you about stopping short?" She snorts, wiping away a tear and shaking her head.

"She fell because she's an idiot and she doesn't know how to control her balance." Alex, my older brother, comes out the front door and down the porch, circling around the carport and kissing my mom on the cheek and shaking his head at me.

"Shut up, Alex!" I say getting up and dusting my clothes off, "You're just jealous because I run faster than you, in my human form and in my wolf form."

Alex shoots me a dirty look, "Yea what ever, you wish you did."

"You wanna race me? Because that's all I'm hearing, or if you're scared to lose you can just admit I was right..."

 Alex starts talking over me "Oh what ever! I could beat you with two of my legs missing.  In Both FORMS—"

"HA! I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT, YOU HAVE FOUR LEFT FEET—"

"YOU TWO STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Mom yells over us—which is pretty impressive because we we're both full fledged yelling at each other and she is 4'8 and petite — and when we are silent she continues "Dinner is almost ready, I made chicken and dumplings pot roast and y'all know y'all are not aloud to be dirty at the table, so no, you will not be running. Alice you go wash up, you've got dirt all over you. And Alex you go wake up your father and tell him that dinner is ready." Small as she is when she is mad, she is frightening.

"Yes ma'am," Alex and I say in unison, bowing our heads like scolded dogs.

Walking inside I take my shoes off on the tile entry way, and walk up the three flights or stairs to my room. My room is the only one on the top floor while my other sibling, Alex, Alyssa and Alana, my older twin sisters, Andrew and Timothy, my two younger bothers room under me on the second floor. I have the biggest room and a walk in closet and my own bathroom. There was an empty bedroom beside mine that was half of the size of mine, but I used it as an art studio.