♦ Chapter Nineteen ♦

Do you know a good, trustworthy book publishing company? 

Her wolves leaped down the stairs two at a time ahead of her. After last night, she was having second thoughts about things. She had woken early because her mind simply wouldn't rest, both from learning the existence of werewolves and witnessing Reeve at her lowest. She waited until she heard other people moving about and then she got up. 

She didn't even make it down the stairs when she suddenly jumped at the sound of a door slamming somewhere down the hallway. It was followed by a shout of surprise and then pounding footsteps made her turn around to find Cassius barreling towards her. 

His face was molded in a devious grin and his green eyes sparkled with life. When he drew close enough, he skidded to a stop, grabbing her shoulders. He seemed to be in a hurry but the joyful look on his face confused her. 

"Listen, if anyone asks.." Cassius rushed, checking over his shoulder, "I was out running patrols all night with Ace, okay?" 

She barely nodded before Cassius took off down the stairs. He was laughing the entire way and she just stood there confused. A door slammed again and her head snapped in the direction of Emmett storming down the hall towards her. From far away, he seemed perfectly fine, but when he got closer she noticed something a little weird with his hair. It was a fiery red and it stuck up in every direction, which she didn't remember it doing. 

Emmett's eyes were literally on fire, "Where did he go?" He fumed. 

She couldn't even form words, she just pointed in the direction Cassius had gone. 

Emmett flew down the stairs, there was another door slammed, and she had just glanced over her shoulder to catch movement in the lawn from the window she stood by. She fully turned to the window and watched Cassius run as fast as he could towards the woods with an angry Emmett in pursuit. She found herself laughing as they disappeared through the tree line. 

She shrugged it off after, knowing she would find out what happened later, and she continued on her way to the kitchen. Everyone was already awake and waiting for the pack cook's to make the final blueberry pancakes for everyone. Some of them glanced up at her entrance but then returned to sipping their coffee, talking or reading the newspaper. She took a seat. 

Leroy raised an eyebrow at her, "So what happened?"

She knew instantly what he was referring to and shrugged, "I have no idea. Emmett is chasing Cassius, they went in the woods." 

Someone chuckled and Leroy shook his head, "Cassius will never stop pulling pranks." 

"Its in his blood," Darren commented. 

"You have his DNA proof?" Leroy chuckled. 

"Yep," Darren smirked, taking a sip of his coffee, "All molecular cells are completely made up of idiot and prankster, its practically his genetic code."