Missing Mermaid

Seagulls found their way gliding through the clouds as the hardworking sailors were beneath them. The sea glistened as dolphins began to jump out of the water and then dive back in with a splash. It seemed like a perfect day for those animals until a huge ship found its way interrupting their actions.

The men on the ship began to sing while thinking of the deep secrets in the dark ocean.

Sailors:
'I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue'

'And it's hey to the starboard, heave ho!'

'Look out, lad, a mermaid be waiting for you'

'In mysterious fathoms below.'

The blonde stood at the top, looking down at the sailors. He sighed in satisfaction while looking down at his and his friend's pet Black Hound.

Meliodas: Isn't this great? The salty see air? The wind blowing in your face?

Oslo, the Black Hound, jumped in delight, finding his owner in a happy state.

The blonde sighed again while looking back at his friend, Harlequin. Otherwise known by his nickname, King.

Meliodas: Perfect day to be at sea, right King?

Harlequin: Urm..uhh..it's d-delightful...urm..

As Meliodas stared at the glistening sea, King tried his best not to belch on the boat. He sagged over the railing, turning green in the process, about to throw up the dinner he had last night. He, I guess you could say, had seasickness.

A sailor replied to Meliodas.

Arthur: A fine strong wind and a following sea! King Bartra must be nearby!

Meliodas: King Bartra?

Another sailor spoke up.

Cain: Why, ruler of the mer-people, lad! Thought every good sailor knew about 'em!

The sailor threw a raw fish, freshly caught, onto a barrel filled with the same raw animal.

Harlequin: Mer-people? Meliodas, pay no attention to this nonsense!

Cain: It ain't nonsense, it's the truth! I'm telling you down in the depths of the ocean they live!

The sailor began to shake a raw fish violently in King's face as it accidentally slipped out of the lad's hands, almost falling on the fairy. After giving King a smack of his tail, the fish dove out of the ship into the water. The men began to sing again as the fish's dream of being granted freedom was given.

The small fish heaved a huge sigh while swimming downwards again through the seaweed, jellyfish, and coral. Big whales smiled at the small creature as the fish began to see in the distance, Atlantis.

Mer-people swam from everywhere just to catch a glimpse of the shining castle. Though, today, was a special day. A concert was to be taken place in honor of the royal family.

Fish lined up to play their trumpets as a small seahorse was found introducing the king, inside the castle.

Pelliot: Ahem- Ahem- His royal highness, King Bartra!

Music began to play as the one and only King Bartra appeared being carried by dolphins into the center stage. He smiled in glee at the crowd as everyone began to clap. He held his trident firmly while his beard flowed in the water. The trident began to glow a pure gold when King Bartra raised it high for everyone to see. With one stroke of the trident, a burst of light glowed and bursted in the water, like a firework. Everyone cheered.

Pelliot: And presenting the Court Composer, Horatio Thelonius Ignatius Crustaceous Howzer!

Then a crab appeared in the same way, but brought by smaller fish. Howzer was carried by a shell, almost the size of himself. He waved confidently at the crowd as the mer-people clapped politely, but not as much as when King Bartra arrived.

Howzer had a little trouble maintaining and keeping control of the fish that were carrying him, but he tried his best to act normal. Without realizing, he arrived next to King Bartra.

King Bartra: I'm really looking forward to this performance, Howzer.

Howzer: Hahaha, oh your majesty! This will probably be the finest performance I've EVER conducted! Your daughters! They will be spectacular! AH-

Howzer's fish flipped the shell, he was being carried in, upside down, but without King Bartra noticing his little mess-up, Howzer still listened to what King Bartra had to say.

King Bartra: Yes~! And especially my little Elizabeth!

Howzer: Oof...uh yes!

Howzer finally made it back inside the shell without falling.

Howzer: She has the most beautiful voice...

The fish led Howzer away from the king.

Howzer: ...But if she would just show up for rehearsal once in a while.

The crab rolled his eyes thinking about the silverette. How immature and childish she can be to just doze off and forget rehearsal.

He finally landed on the sand as the place darkened and a spotlight shown down upon him. Claps were heard all around as he straightened himself up and pulled out a music sheet from his shell.

He grasped the conducting stick with his claw and tapped the music sheet, signaling the fish to start playing their music.

The sound bursted throughout the once quiet place as every note was played perfectly. Howzer smirked at his orchestra, knowing that all that work payed off. The shells, which Howzer knew held the girls, started to present themselves. The shells gradually opened revealing King Bartra's daughters except for Elizabeth. She was the finale. Now it was the mer-sisters turn to sing.

Mer-Sisters:
'Ah~ we are the daughters of Bartra'

'Great father who loves us and named us well:'

'Elaine! (Ahah ahaha ahaha!)'

'Diane! (Ahah ahaha ahaha!)'

'Veronica! (Ahah ahaha ahaha!)'

'Margaret! (Ahah ahaha ahaha!)'

'Jenna! (Ahah ahaha ahaha!)'

'Zanari! (Ahah ahaha ahaha!)'

'And then there's the youngest, in her musical debut'

'Our seventh little sister, we're presenting here to you'

'To sing a song Howzer wrote, her voice is like a bell'

'She's our sister Eli-'

The girls gasped in surprise looking at the empty shell Elizabeth was supposed to come out of. Howzer almost fainted not seeing any silverette waiting there to sing. He dropped his conducting stick, hearing the crowd also gasping and whispering. Howzer immediately turned around to see King Bartra. King Bartra boomed in anger.