Chapter 10 - Nights.

NIGHTS.

Ashlyn's point of view

He slumped down next to me, but I didn't look up, I kept staring at the pavement underneath me. He put his arm around my shoulders and I relaxed, I even leaned in to him a bit before remembering I didn't want to talk to him or be around him.

"Zayn, we--" I said, my voice muffled from being pressed against my knees.

"Just shut up for once and let me hold you damnit." He cut me off forcefully.

"I don't need to be held!" I protested, pushing him off me and standing up. He jumped to his feet quickly and challenged me with his eyes. It's not my fault I never back down from a challenge.

"You don't have to ignore me after I tell you I love you, ya know,"  he got close to my face, his nostrils flaring slightly as they tended to do when he got upset, "you could have told me what you were thinking instead of running off.." He backed away some, his voice softening.

I wanted to hug him, to hold him until he fell asleep at night, to wake up in his arms, but it was better for us if we stayed far away from each other. He just didn't know that yet. "I don't have to tell you anything!" I snapped.

"You don't have to, but it would be nice if you would let me know what's going on, because last time I checked, you seemed pretty in to me and I went and embarrased myself. How the bloody hell was I supposed to know you're fucking bipolar?!" His nostrils flared more than ever now.

"Just shut up, Zayn!" I screeched and tucked the loose strands of hair behind my ears.

"Why don't you just go back inside and cry to Louis!" He jammed his hands in to his jacket pockets. I froze a second too long. Damnit, "What did he do this time?" Zayn asked, his voice completely soft.

"Why do you fucking care? Just leave me alone!" I yelled, standing on my tiptoes to get in his face. I spun on my heel, the rain drops blowing in to me, stinging. I pushed the door open and heard the giggling again. I turned to where it was coming from and found Little Mix and 3 guys at the table. I pretended I hadn't seen them and walked quickly to our booth.

Louis slid over and pulled me next to him and wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn't feel like fighting anymore so I relaxed in to him. "You're freezing, Ash," he said and grabbed my hands, still with his arms wrapped around me.

"Mhm," I mumbled as his hands warmed mine up. He called over Cara for our bill and left a check and a tip.

We walked out in to the cold air and Louis protectively placed his arm around me and I leaned in to him, but not before I glanced back to see Zayn staring at us, shaking his head and blowing out a puff of smoke.

"Wanna get Starbucks or something?" Harry said taking the driver's seat. Everyone agreed and we came to a stop by a curb next to a Starbucks.

I ducked my head and jogged to the entrance door. I stepped inside and the overwhelming smell of vanilla coffee beans, whipped cream and chocolate over took my nose. Harry and Louis shook their hair simultaneously, little water droplets falling to the ground.

Lou and Harry waited in line while me and Brayden ran off to the girls' bathroom. Brayden hugged me as soon as we were out of the boys' sight.

"I'm so sorry babe," She said. She still thought it was real. Everyone did, I guess, even myself, a bit, believed it.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I said and plastered on that fake smile that seemed to trick everyone.

We walked back to the boys. Harry was sitting at a tall table for two with three drinks, his, Brayden's and mine. He gave me a sympathetic look and handed me my latte.