Chapter 2: Look What You're Missing

Kaylee's p.o.v

Present Day: 1980

"How much longer?" I asked Derrick, my bassist.

"Not much longer Kaylee. It's just an interview, we've had hundreds of them" He sighed.

Now I know you could be wondering...bassist? Interview? Well let me expalin. When I quiet being Freddie's assistant and got a new job, I started to test out my voice in different ways. Soon after a couple years, I started writing songs, meeting other people, and eventually started a band. At first things were small...but that was until we had gotten noticed. When we had gotten noticed, we recorded a demo and our songs hit the charts. Freddie wasn't lying when he said I had a good voice...but he was lying when he said I had no potential. Can't he see what he's missing.

"You're on in 5" My assistant came in and informed me.

"Oh, alright. Thankyou" I smiled at him.

My assistants name was Adam. Adam was a sweet guy who was one of the best assistance I've had. The only downside of having him as a assistant is that I knew he had feelings for me. I've known since the day I hired him. Even though he is my assistant...I thought he was cute. The fact that sometimes he'd try to impress me and do kind gestures, it was sweet.

"Kaylee...something bothering you?" Derrick asked.

"It's just that...I already know what they're going to ask. It's always something about Freddie. Gosh I hate hearing about him all the time" I sighed.

"Don't even say his name. I hate hearing it" Derrick growled.

Derrick really disliked Freddie. I told him all the rude things Freddie had said to be, and the rude things Freddie has said about me. I know these things because of someone that's in Queen....Brain. Brain and I have still remaind friends. He didn't like how Freddie treated me at that time, and still doesn't. Even though I don't see him, he still practically hates me. Mine and Freddie's feelings are mutual....just so you know. If you couldn't already tell.

"It's always the same things 'Did you work for Freddie Mercury?'. 'How did Freddie treat you?" I thought of some of the questions I've been asked.

"You know what I don't understand..."

"What?"  I asked him.

"Why you just don't tell them the truth"

"I do. I always say that he never treated me the best"

"Yeah but you don't tell what he did or said to you" Derrick got up and put his jacket on.

"He'd kill me"

"Fuck him Kaylee. It's been years...." Derrick sighed.

What he was saying did make sense. I've never actually got into detail about how Freddie was towards me. He was an asshole as you already know. People know there is tension between us but no one really ones exactly why. I believe it's best for them not...for Freddie's sake.

Not only was he rude but he still lies about how I was towards him. He tries to act like he's the 'victim'. Lord knows he isn't. The main reason why I think he does this is because he can't take that he was wrong. He hates being wrong.

"Oh Freddie, you were definitely wrong about me" I smirked as I looked in the mirror.

"Come on guys!" Adam yelled for all of us.

"Coming!" I put on my lipstick.

As I walked out into the small little room, all I could think of is 'Freddie was interviewed in this room'. I remember that day perfectly.