6

Shinsou finished work and waited for Izuku outside his office. The hero came almost minutes later, as if he knew when and where Shinsou would be. Shinsou was hoping he could make an excuse to leave because Izuku took too long but it looked like that was impossible. And the paparazzi had been particularly generous with him, finally leaving him alone because apparently Mount Lady was retiring or something.

Izuku was driven to see him, for some odd reason. Didn't he reject him? So why was he in front of him again?

"Well?" Shinsou questioned as Izuku started to fidget nervously. He sighed and turned to begin walking down the street back to his house. It was a long day and he was hungry and tired.

"Ah! Where are you going, Shinsou?" Izuku called, catching up to him easily with a confused look in his large orbs."Didn't you say you would hear me out? I wont take long, I promise!"

"You can talk while we walk." Shinsou turned the corner, stopping to look at Izuku."I'm tired, Midoriya."

"Gh..." Izuku looked around with fervor, like he was trying to find something to get him to stop.

It seemed he had found it and he grabbed Shinsou's arms and pulling him across the street."Let's..." he started, mouth dry."Let's go to the park!"

Shinsou sighed and let him drag him along the path into the tree-filled park. Perhaps some part of his heart was still hopeful of something happening that his body got caught up. The whole thing felt like a dream and he couldn't tell if it was good or not.

Izuku looked around, finding no one in the vicinity so late at night, and decided this was the place he would stop and talk. Shinsou finally pulled away and looked around as well. The other part of him wanted to leave but instead he settled on one of the park benches and waited. All he could do was let out a long sigh, leaning back and cracking his back. It felt nice.

"Shinsou..." Izuku started, standing across from him. His hands were crossed lowly in his front, fingers fiddling nervously."First, I want so say...I'm sorry."

Shinsou's eyes widened at his words. Was he trying to say he was wrong for deciding everything for himself? He didn't know how to feel about such a revelation, in fact, he didn't know what to feel about this whole situation. It was all so strange his heart couldn't keep up and his soul mark just wouldn't stop throbbing.

"I...I didn't know what to do when I found out you were my soulmate but I knew I had to see you so I went to the hospital and saw you there and you looked so gorgeous—though you really need to get more sleep—so I was kinda speechless and my soul mark's been throbbing out of control since then and, anyways, I just wanted to keep you all to myself but I can't do that and I know you want to become a strong hero and I do too but I thought you might not want to be the soulmate of someone like me so we should just focus on our hero work or-"

"You're mumbling," Shinsou droned, not catching even a word he said. The whole situation was kinda comical, when he thought about it.

Izuku's face was suddenly painted scarlet and he squat down, hands covering his face as he let out a long, embarrassed sigh."I'm scared of what will happen if we get together, Shinsou, so scared..." he mumbled off, never once showing him his face.

Shinsou raised an eyebrow, leaning forward with intrigue. He was scared? Did he think villains would come after them after knowing they were soulmates and use it like some kind of weakness? Shinsou was sure such a thing would happen but they were both strong. They could handle it.

"What are you scared of?" Shinsou asked instead.

"I'm bad at this kind of thing, Shinsou..." Izuku mumbled, finally looking up at Shinsou."Did you know I had another soulmate before you?" Shinsou's eyes widened and he suddenly grew cold."It wasn't like ours, though. Because of my wacky powers, I ended up with a mark of friendship. But I didn't know that, so I had thought..."

"You had thought you found your true soulmate."

"Yeah," Izuku nodded."So I don't want to lose you, Shinsou. I don't want this to be a hoax..." Izuku's eyes then got strange and he clung to Shinsou's pant leg, grip painful and shaking with how tight he was holding."This cant be. I cant lose you, Shinsou. You have to stay with me. Your mark is mine, so-"

And Izuku paused there, eyes going wide as he realized what he was doing. He quickly let go of Shinsou and jumped up in a panic, putting some distance between the two of them."Ah, um, I'm sorry, Shinsou. I didn't mean..."

"So you're jealous others saw my mark." It seemed Shinsou was finally starting to understand this miserable soulmate of his."And you don't want anyone else to have me."

Izuku went to protest but found that he couldn't."Yes...that's right."

Shinsou wanted to smile, for some strange reason, but held back. He was still mad at Izuku, right, he was still mad."Well, I keep my mark covered most of the time, and I don't hang around many people but if you can tolerate the few I do, it should be fine."

Izuku's eyes instantly brightened."Really?!" he questioned wildly, suddenly getting insanely excited."Does this mean you'll give me a chance?!"

But Shinsou couldn't give into him so easily. He had yet to be fully forgiven, sob story and all."Don't think we're together," Shinsou said and it looked like Izuku deflated."But I'll give you one month to sway me. If nothing changes, then we'll continue with your original plan."

Izuku brightened, whole face glowing in a way that made Shinsou want to cover his eyes from the sun. But that was Izuku, wasn't it, as bright as the damn sun.