Chapter Two

"We're also going to be visiting some of these places?" Shane had asked Ryan as they settled into the room. It had been a couple of days since he had began co-host work, but now they were about to actually get to the working part. "Yeah. Didn't I mention that?" Ryan replied with a wide grin, carrying on the conversation they had started just outside the building. "We had like, five or seven true crime episodes already, so just act like your supposed to be here and maybe no one will realize its not Brent." Ryan suggested, humor tinting his voice. 'Who's Brent?'
Ryan patted the chair beside him, signalling for Shane to sit. "Interrupt and add any comments at any time." He insisted before playing some weird power point and begin explaining. Shane stared blankly before realizing that they had actually already started. 'By God, does this man talk fast.' Shane thought before Ryan took him out of his headspace. "Uh, you look enthralled. You look really excited." Ryan huffed out a laugh as he glanced to Shane. Shane plastered a smile on his face, feeling as if he wasn't as nervous as he'd thought he'd be.
He was pretty determined this would be quite enjoyable to some aspects. Continuing on with Season one, Episode Eight-ish. He wasn't quite sure, but it was the disappeearence of the Sodder kids, so it was interesting to him. Shane had heard about the case before a long while ago. Thankfully, it took his mind off of all the demons things.

As they continued, Shane added his own little inputs to Ryan's story. Ryan got to the "Curious Occurrences" part, explaining how a life insurance salesman had been informed by the sodder family. "Your Goddamn house is going up in smoke," Ryan began quoting and Shane gave him a quick glance. "And your children are going to be destroyed." As Ryan continued, he silently kicked him self. 'Not a laughing matter, not a laughing matter.' "You are going to be paid for the dirty remarks you have been making about Mussolini." Shane let out a laugh he was trying to hold back, hitting the table. "Ryan, I think we- we've solved it!" He joked. He felt the room lighten up as Ryan began to laugh, feeling more comfortable. 'Good.' Shane thought, continuing. "Well, it's been fun." He added, acting as if he was going to get up and go home. "See you later!" Shane then repeated what Ryan had said in a more simpler tone from the point of view from the life insurance man.
'What a riot! He thinks I'm funny!'

'Someone took those kids.' Shane concluded once the episode was over. "Well, that's a wrap." Ryan threw his hands together, grinning widely at Shane. "Next week it will be about a woman who may or may not have been murdered by a shark, or murdered." Ryan said, slowing down his words as if processing it himself. Shane inhaled sharply. "Sharks don't do murder, Ryan. They kill." Shane replied. "Same thing." Ryan waved him off as he put the loose peices of paper back in the folder. "Do you think that was good?" Ryan asked him and Shane shrugged. "I mean, I wouldn't say 'Good boy, Mr. sharky', but he was just doing what shark dudes do." Shane added his own input, watching as Ryan hesitate as he was going to put the folder away. "I meant today's episode." Ryan laughed a bit, gaining a quick and small smile from Shane. "Oh yeah. Totally. We did great." Shane confirmed and Ryan nodded. "Yeah, we did!" He said confidently. "Ooh. With Shark girls case, do you think we could visit the place where her body was found?" Shane asked, sounding a little too hopeful. Ryan liked his enthusiasm and nodded. "I think we can, it's not too far." 'Awesome! He's more interested in this stuff then Brent would probably ever be.' Ryan thought happily. Shane oddly felt pride in that before shrugging it off.
"I got another question, Ryan." Shane thought about asking this before, seeing as he was always curious. He didn't want to start and argument, but more of a decent conversation. "What do you think is more plausible: a ghost or a sasquatch?" He sat on the desk, almost becoming level with Ryan himself. Ryan glared at him, but it was hard to tell if he was trying to hide his amusement or something else similar along the lines of disappointment. "You mean... Bigfoot, right?" Ryan hesitated, his awkward smilel returned. "In my opinion," Shane began before Ryan could continue. "Bigfoot has much more proof and evidence then ghost. I'm not saying I believe that there's actually a Bigfoot, but maybe something of the sort?" Shane said as they both gave eachother two differenr faces. Curious and confused. "Ghosts. They have been seen and encountered far too often to just be brushed aside, where as 'Bigfoot' only has a couple of photos. And a video, maybe." Ryan concluded. 'Please don't be one of those people.' Ryan silently begged, making Shane laugh a bit. "Well, I am as tall as a Sasquatch." Shane let slip, almost forgetting Ryan hasn't said that outloud. "So I figured maybe I'd get to learn more about my ancestors if we ever covered the case." He covered it up quickly while also making Ryan laugh loudly. "You're ancestors are just upright bears." Ryan joked. "Well, bears are pretty darn strong. That'd explain a lot." Shane flexed falsely, showing his weak arm. Ryan rolled his eyes. "Right."