Chapter 3

He hears footsteps walking into the room. There's sirens in the distance. "God fucking dammit!" Catrina yells and stomps her foot. She quickly searches the room as a cop car pulls up out front. The cop knocks a few times, tries the door and, to her surprise, it's unlocked.
"Hello? This is the police." She yells, with her hand on her gun. Catrina finds josh and pulls him out from under the bed. He lets out a cry of pain and fear.
"Josh? Josh!" The operator yells into the phone. "Don't worry, everything's fine." Catrina tells the operator, then hangs up.
The police officer pulls out her gun as she turns a corner. She sees someone standing in one of the rooms and charges in.
"Police! Hands where I can see them!" She yells.
"Get any closer and I shoot." Catrina says, pointing the gun at Josh's head. Josh screams and cries. "Mommy! Mommy! Let me go! Please stop!" He sobs.
"Ma'am, you don't have to shoot him. We can work this out, he's your child. You gave birth to this beautiful baby boy, and now look at what you're doing." The police officer says.
"Look at.. what I am... doing..?" Catrina says, looking at Josh and then then gun she's pointing at him. She drops Josh and he runs to the police officer, crying. She puts the gun up to her head and smiles at Josh.
"Ma'am. You don't have to do that either!" The police officer says.
"Josh, best of sons, best of children." Catrina says, and then she pulls the trigger.