0

-0-

Off on a side track dirt road along the edge of New Orleans territory line, in the cover of darkness stood a man holding two small bundles in both arms. Looking down admiringly with sharp blue eyes full of amazement, love and wonder.

Niklaus Mikaelson had never felt such strong feelings of love ever before seeing his own children's eyes open for the first time. His own children. These words had been nothing but a dream for him and all of his siblings for over a thousand years.

Niklaus stood watching his children's faces as they slept unaware of the dangers they face from the rest of the world. They lay undisturbed and peacefully slept as their fathers' eyes casted over each of their faces again and again. His trance broken as a red vintage convertible car pulled up in front of him, the headlight brightening the no man's land between them. His face hardening, tightening the grip he held on the babies with unshed tears in his eyes watching as a blonde woman stepped out of the other car.

Walking to meet in the middle softly smiling at each other before stopping, the babies cooing in Niklaus' arms.

"Hello, sister."

Reaching forward Rebekah pulled back the blanket a bit to take a look at the larger of the twins that sat in Klaus' arms "She looks like her mother." Rebekah smile adoringly down at the child before smiling "Maybe there is a God after all."

A soft chuckle came from Nik as tears pushed harder to break past, before smiling up at Rebekah "Well, she has a hint of the devil in her eyes. That's all me."

Rebekah, turning to the other twin stroking a finger softly on her cheek as she slept, looking down on her little nieces in pure awe "And she is the spitting image of you, God help her."

"She must be the lucky one." Nik smiled down at his daughter the tears threatening to fall becoming harder to hold back as she grabbed his thumb stirring from her sleep.

Nik's face dropped all humour and went serious as he looked at Rebekah "You'll need a witch you can trust to cast a cloaking spell."

"I'll get one."

"No one can ever find them." Nik spoke with true earnestness.

"I know what to do, Nik." The two both turned to the small children in his arms as they cooed "Perhaps we'll get a white fence. I think that would be lovely."

Niklaus adjusted his grip on the babies moving the to look at his front raising them slightly to look at them. His eyes full of nothing but purpose and promise for them and the future "This city would have seen you dead, but I will have it your home, and every soul who wishes you harm will be struck down. Just as sure as my blood runs in your veins, you will return to me." Bringing the slightly bigger baby to his lips and he kissed her forehead with pure affection before handing her to his sister, grabbing a better hold on the smaller twin left in his hold. Tightening his grip in desperation. "In spite of our differences, Rebekah, there is no one I would trust more with my daughters' life." Looking down at the little girl in his arms Niklaus pulled her up to his mouth and kissed her softly but the kiss held nothing but emotion and devotion towards both of his children, smiling softly and adoringly as the baby held his thumb as tight as it could as the child began to awake. Handing the last child in his arms to Rebekah, before fishing out of his leather jacket two small hand carved wooden figurines placing one on either baby. "Be happy Sister."

"They will be happy, Nik, I promise. What are their names?"

"Hope. Her name is Hope." Smiling with heartbroken tears softly falling down his face watching bother his children who lay in their aunt's arms.

"and her name is Honor."

-