Dimension Hopping

****(Location: Earth-1610)

Miles was swinging back to his dormitory thinking about Gwen. It had been 4 months since they parted in Gwen's dimension. She hadn't tried to contact him again after that. Something in him knew maybe she wasn't going to; it was not possible because either of them would fade away into oblivion if they stayed in each other's dimension for too long. He knew in her voice that this goodbye was a final one, he won't be able to see her again; he sighed thinking about it.

As Miles entered his dorm room through the window, he casually asked Ganke, "So how much time do we have for class Ganke?"; when his eyes fell on the figure clad in a dark blue almost black suit with a red spider skull logo embossed on its chest sitting on Miles' bed. His eyes then stole a glance at Ganke who was sitting in his chair gawking at the person.

Miles' spider senses started tingling and he realized, "You are like me..."

The man pulled off his mask and said, "Hey-" extending his hand, "My name is Miguel O'Hara and I'm Spider-Man from the year 2099."

Miles shook Miguel's hand but had a million questions racing through his mind which he asked in quick succession:

"How did you come here?"

"Aren't you disintegrating and will fade into oblivion if you stay here for too long?"

"Is something wrong in your dimension?"

"Is Kingpin on the loose?"

The last question directed more at Ganke than Miguel

Miguel looked taken aback and said, "Woah-woah slow down there, breathe a bit."

After seeing Miles calm down a bit Miguel started to answer Miles questions, " Nothing is wrong with my universe and nobody is on the loose in your universe. I came here with the help of this-" showing him clumsy looking black and red coloured watch with a screen showing a map with different places named as 1610, 616, 65... "and this is the thing which is stabilizing my atoms in your universe. It is a dimension hopping device which I made myself "He took a quick breath and continued, "I'm here because I wanted to give you this-" handing him over a similar watch just a lot cooler with Miles signature colour scheme and then Miguel started to speak again, "I'm going around the multiverse giving everyone a dimension hopper so we can call other Spider people if we need their help and can better connect with each other."

That means with this he can meet Peter B., Spider-Ham, Noir, Peni and Gwe-

"Hey, do you have a similar watch for Gwen Stacy or Spider-Woman.", Miles asked the excitement barely concealed in his voice.

"You are talking about Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 right? Spider-Woman? If yes, then yeah, I do have a watch for her", Miguel smirked while answering. He already knew the answer, he had seen them part their ways after Miles glitched. They were just teenagers after all with already spider powers in the mix to complicate things up and to watch them getting torn apart from that one another for whom they felt their first innocent attraction towards instead of dating each other was heart wrenching to watch to say the least; Miguel thought to himself, he is a very reserved person and these kinds of issues don't bother him, but in their case it did.

Miguel was deep in thought about them because he didn't notice the colour changes Miles' face went through on seeing Miguel's smirk after telling Gwen's name. But he finally came up with something to switch the topic and to save him some more embarrassment

"Who is even assigning these names to our dimensions?", Miles asked.

"Well I am just assigning them names and numbers at random after calculating their exact position in the multiverse and then entering them as records in the database along with their respective Spider-person. If you want find a specific person you just have to search the database for them with your watch. You can connect it with a computer and use all the watch's functionality on a bigger screen except opening interdimensional portals. It also has an interdimensional texting feature and holotime for speaking to the person you want without going to their dimension. Oh, I forgot to mention that if you connect your mobile device with the watch it will remain connected in your dimension meaning that you will receive the calls and messages coming to your phone in which ever dimension you are", Miguel finished almost panting because he told all that in one go.