Legend Of The Gobblewonker

"Are you ready for the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE?!"

"I'm always ready!"

"Then you know what that means...."

"Syrup Race!" Eliza and Giselle cheered, beginning to pour their respective syrups into their mouths.

"Go Sir Syrup!" Giselle chanted.

"Go Mounty Man!" Eliza cried. She hit the bottom of her bottle, making the syrup squirt out onto her tongue. "I won!"

"Oh, no way!" Heather exclaimed, reading the newspaper. "Guys, check this out."

Her siblings leaned over her shoulder to look at the newspaper. Eliza's eyes lit up.

"Human-sized hamster ball?" She marveled. "Ellie. Ellie. WE'RE human sized!"

"No, I think she meant this." Jared stated, pointing to another ad. "Monster photo contest. We see weirder stuff than that every day."

"Did we get any photos of those gnomes?" Giselle asked.

"Nope, just memories. And this beard hair." Eliza shrugged. Her siblings looked at her funny.

"WHY THE HELL did you keep that?"

"Dunno."

"Good morning, kiddos!" Leo exclaimed cheerfully. "Do you know what day it is?"

"Happy Anniversary?" Eliza guessed.

"Mazel Tof!" Giselle exclaimed.

"Wednesday." Heather replied.

"The day where you stop acting so happy all the time?" Jared asked.

"Nooope!" Their uncle smiled. "It's Family Fun Day! We're skipping out on work for some - wait for it - family fun!"

"Pass." His nephew scoffed.

"But Family Fun Day is really fun, Jerry!" Leo begged. "My uncles used to take me, my brother and sister out on Family Fun Day all the time! Uncle Dewey would take us to Funso's and my brother would get stuck in the ballpit....."

"Daddy got stuck in the ball pit?" Giselle blinked.

"Uh, yeah!" Their uncle nodded. "I promise, today is going to be really fun! Now, who wants to put on some blindfolds and get in my car?!"

"Yay!" Giselle cheered.

"Wait, what?" Heather paused.

-

"Blindfolds never lead to ANYTHING good." Zach whispered to Heather, who nodded in agreement.

"I feel like all my other senses are heightened!" Eliza grinned, touching Giselle's face, making her giggle.

The car jolted, throwing the four children and their cousin up in the air a moment before falling back to their seats, luckily protected by seatbelts.

"Uncle Leo, are you wearing a blindfold?" Jared asked sarcastically.

"Nope, but don't worry, I can see just- WOAH, KIDS LOOK AT HOW BIG THAT WOODPECKER IS!" Leo exclaimed, looking out the window and making the car drive off the road. Luckily, on the other side of the woods was their destination. They climbed out of the car. "Okay, kiddos, take 'em off!" 

Doing as they were told, the children took off their blindfolds. They stood in front of a sign that read "Fishing Season; Opening Day".

"Ta-daa!" Their uncle exclaimed, striking a pose in front of the sign, completely decked out in fishing gear. "It's fishing season!"