Prologue

1662

The screams of a young lady echoed across the small street where the brothel was. Escorts and slaves where running up and down with cloths and water. Diana was giving birth for a couple of hours and she was exhausted. She knew that she was going to die but she had to give that baby it's first breath and then she could take her last.

"Maria!", Diana shouted. A young girl around the age of 17 run close to her and grabbed her hand. Her skin was pale and her eyes light brown. Her earrings reflected the light from the candles as she leaned closer to her best friend.

"I'm here Diana; you can do this just hold on for a bit longer." She said and caressed Diana's hand. She smiled for a second but then that smile disappeared.

"I need your help. I'm not going to survive this." Diana managed to spill between her screams. The sweat that was all over her face made her look older that she actually was. Maria could see that Diana was right, she wasn't going to survive this, and tears came all the way up to her eyes.

"Maria I need you to raise my child, please! Promise me! Help her so she can have a better future, promise me sister." Diana said and grabbed Maria's hand with a bit more strength. Maria hugged her and her tears start to fall from her eyes on her cheeks.

"Push Diana. One more time, come on you can do this!" The old lady by the bed said and Diana tried one, but last time.

The old lady was holding a crying baby girl in her arms while the mother was taking her last breaths. Quickly the lady gave the baby to her mother. Diana was shaking, she laughed for a bit and kissed her daughter, moments later she was gone.

Maria went near her sister one more and last time. She leaned above her body and gently kissed her forehead. "Have a nice trip my beloved sister. I'll take care of her, I promise." She took the baby in her arms and the small one cried once again. "I'm going to protect you even if it is the last thing I'm going to do, Cassandra."

Ps: This is a new story I'm writing, I hope you'll enjoy it  :)