Chapter 6

(30 minutes ago).
As the students came back, only the eccentric teacher was here. They learned from him that following the exchange in the headmaster's office, Klaus departed for the village as well. They were surprised to not have encountered him and were delighted to know they would not be the targets of his anger. As Dorian was inquiring of their activities, the group even without the two adults, underwent a split. The internal division traduced two desires of those pupils, pride in order and obedience, effects of the efficient training of their strict professor and its rejection, effects provided by the interactive methods of the one in front of them. Of course, this dispute was just a decoy from the original one arguing whether to tell him of their whereabouts or not. The awkward playacting went on until someone noticed the time and wondered if Klaus shouldn't be back by now. Dorian going after him, the children sat and talked joyfully about other issues, their operation feeling like a success, such as the inter-school's football cup.

(back to the future).
" well sleeping beauty, awake yet?"
As he received sustained glares from the villagers, Dorian got close to him as to kiss his forehead. Still tipsy, he could not evade and felt weak, promising to not ever allow himself to let that happen again. A whisper, way too near, sent warm air in his face: "you reek of alcohol, dear. did they take advantage of you?" chuckled Dorian. As he got up with a contented smile, Klaus tried to get on his feet as well but his legs failed him and Dorian had to help him stand up.
As he faced his uneasiness's perpetrators, his mind went blank and a wave of anger took over him the same way liquid had earlier but Dorian talked before he did, thanking them for their hospitality and when, after they had left the house, he came up with the idea of apologizing on Klaus's behalf for getting drunk so easily, his boiling up wrath burst at him.
Even though Klaus could not care less, Dorian told him "his white knight adventure to save him", a story told in such a way that it truly deserved a hit. However, the ridiculous tale did mention the villager's reactions to him and instead of being an epic story like it was meant to, it became comic as Dorian described people not knowing how to deal with his affective manners. If only Klaus were listening, he'd know that Dorian was still thought less suspicious than him, who was hunting for information, and just as he does, nobody would really expect anything else of Dorian than his scandalous attitude and that feeling was confirmed as Klaus was seen getting angry with him. The students were deceived to see their teachers come back silently with visibly no intention of talking. Both were thinking a lot, about their interests and others.

Dorian's reason for coming in such a rural area was at first to retire from his illegal professional background as an art thief. He was tired of the underground world and their political issues, as famous as he is under his codename, his motive is still romanticism. the melancholic stare of the ephebus of stone caught his eye and reinvigorated his passion. Although different from his usual victims with fully carved or depicted bodies, a bust was a nice new touch to his collection. Klaus had asked him about being a teacher here and truth is, his pride being the feeling guiding most of his actions, he was enchanted to think he would keep a stolen good right under the rightful owner's noses.
Klaus was, before what happened today, determined to succeed in this nostalgic mission. However, the last events stirred in him an excruciating desire of vengeance, he felt humiliated and the kid's curiosity only worsened the feeling.

Those same ones felt betrayed, no one in their school seemed cooperative anymore. The shut mouths of adults around them encouraged them to seek a new comrade in mischief. This felt upon the visiting Lawrence who had come to interrogate the headmaster but was slacking off. They thought they had gotten used to Dorian but this one's manners were over the top, his eccentricity instead of amusing the kids like he thought, was boring them to death and they soon never felt more adult than now.
When, in his speech, he taught them he was a policeman, they were surprised but in a pleasant way. Finally, they had someone they could brag about their discoveries to. As the students were filled with excitement, Lawrence felt like the one thing he was not supposed to learn about was pursuing him. The hilarity of the kids joined him and it struck him that his destiny set him against who hired him, the attraction of adventure diverted him from the straight path set up ahead and he embarked onto a rocky road for freedom. At least that's what he said, and he obviously appeared ridiculous to the students who were putting up with him only as to brag.