⇒ lyanna viii . i am his, he is mine

act i . chapter xxxi

I AM HIS, HE IS MINE
----

I AM HIS, HE IS MINE----

♛♛♛

LYANNA LOOKED TO HER LEFT where Elia was standing, smiling widely. "I wish mine was small like this. No creeping eyes, no rules; no Aerys. You don't have to talk to everyone. And there doesn't have to be a bedding ceremony."

Fear erupted in Lyanna's gut when she thought of what might have been. She certainly didn't want all those things. It may have been nice to have her father here. Or Ned and Benjen. But it was fine. If they were doing this by the Northern custom, she wouldn't have been able to without her father to give her away.

But thankfully, it was different in the south. Lyanna didn't mind the southern customs. There were no heart trees anyway. Her fingers smoothed over the silver-blue fabric that covered her body in a light, comfortable way. The dress was gifted to Lyanna by Elia. It was more covering than most, but it still had a low neckline and no sleeves. The framing was silver, for her House. Ashara Dayne helped her get dressed and did her hair, but it was Elia that told her what to do and how to do it.

She did it in a Northern way, where the top was pulled back in a loose braided bundle while the rest was left to flow down her back. This small touch made Lyanna happy. She had been wearing Dornish since she escaped. She did not style her hair as often as her father would have liked, but when she did, it was always like the way she wore it now.

Now they were standing by the Torenine River, waiting for Rhaegar and Arthur to come. The High Septon was already here. Lyanna was thankful that it was happening here and not inside that dark, dreary Sept under the eyes of gods she didn't know. Here, it was open and the grass tickled her legs. The sun kissed her nose The smell of the salty estuary filled her nose. The winds traveled softly through the air and through her hair and dress.

There was a was a certain peacefulness at that moment that Lyanna hadn't been able to find in a while. "I am sorry, Princess," Lyanna said quietly once more. The former princess of Dragonstone sat down painfully of the bench of stones that sat nearly untouched by the tree. She shook her head.

"Not one person here is at fault for anything that has happened or is in the future," Elia promised, her thin, frail hand . "Not me. Not you. Not Rhaegar."

A shuttering breath went through Lyanna's lungs. She didn't know if she felt better or worse. But the words did something. Before she could say anything else, Rhaegar and Arthur walked up on them, Arthur laughing at something the prince said. Rhaegar left the vicinity of his friend and came to Lyanna taking her hands in his. She still felt like they shouldn't be any type of intimate in front of Elia, but Rhaegar's touch made her feel more comfortable that she was before.