Chapter twenty-eight - Feelings should be right.

{ He's been my queen since we were sixteen. we want the same things, we dream the same dreams, alright? }

The car ride was okay.

Maybe it wasn't pleasant to me, facing the fact of getting further and further away from my new dream. But it was still relaxed, laid-back, and I was free to sing along to the radio because Niall was doing the same. My legs and feet were cramped though, - Niall's car is very, very small - and my knees kept hitting the lower side of the dashboard. They were hurting by now, a little bit.

"How long have we been driving now?" I asked impatiently, pushing my fingertips together, "It feels like ages."

Niall sighed, "It's only been half an hour."

You shouldn't get me wrong. I loved my mom, I loved home, I loved my old bed and I loved everything about Holmes chapel. It was just that the town didn't give me a vibe and neither did it give me energy. I couldn't bring up the thought of feeling free and doing whatever I want.

Which was very different from London, y'know.

I shrugged, "It feels way longer."

Niall's hand patted my thigh, "Think positive, Harry." He said, "You're going to be home for a week, and all."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "A week?" His hand got off my leg hesitantly, "Since when was I staying a week?"

"I- Louis told me he- oh shit. You guys had a fight, right? Oh man." Niall rambled, "I thought you knew. I didn't know. I- just have fun? You will have fun. A week isn't that long and your mom misses you and-"

"Niall." I interrupted sighing, "It's okay."

"Yeah?" He asked carefully, I knew he wasn't convinced just by the trembling in his voice, "You sure?"

I nodded, considering he was all anxious all out of the sudden, "Very sure."

"Oh phew," Niall sounded all relieved, most likely convinced now, " I thought you were mad for a second. I never liked mad Harry."

A snicker left my mouth, my hand muffeling it slightly, "When was I ever mad at you?"

He laughed as well, the car speeding up a bit while doing so and it seemed like I was flying even though I wasn't. I just imagined I was. I didn't care.

"Remember last year?" Niall chuckled, "When I took off the matress off your bed and you wanted to sleep and fell on the wood instead. You were pretty mad. And Scary."

I scoffed, getting back the memory that barely held any fun - it just held pain, really, in the middle of my face, "My fucking nose was broken."

"You broke my elbow two years ago!" Niall defended, "You deserved payback."

"Oh shut up, Niall, that was an accident, yours was set up."

The car speeded more and more, guessing we were now on the highway. If time could go by fast, too, now, this would be a whole lot better. Maybe I wouldn't feel my knees anymore.

"Okay, okay. You've got a point." Niall agreed, "Sorry for breaking your nose, but it looks good bent as well."

My hands found their way to the said place, "What? Is my nose bent?" I asked shockingly, "Are you serious right now? Why didn't anyone tell me?"

And another fit of laughter filled the echooing space of the small and furthermore empty car, "'Course not, idiot."

Before the relief could even hit me; I just reached out and slapped something that felt like a shoulder, "Fuck you."

"You're my favorite friend as well, thank you, Harry."

"You're welcome."

After that, we kind of ended up in a silence. I didn't mind and I knew Niall didn't mind either because he was probably busy focusing on not crashing and staying on the right lane. Other than a few weeks ago when he crashed Josh's car by texting his mom while driving.

Niall is a bit messy. A little bit clumsy from what I hear. Even more than I am, Nick once claimed, and I can't see. So, in some sort of way, he makes me feel a tad better.

And I'm not even sorry.

After another while, a while that weny faster than I imagined, the car stopped and Niall's voice spoke up and said, "You're home, bud, let's meet your mommy." He turned off the engine and I sighed: here's to a week of getting my cheeks - not just the ones on my face - squeezed.

I stepped out with ease, combed through my hair with my left hand and let myself guide by the squealing sounds of my mother. Yeah, have to admit, kind of missed hearing her voice clear instead of cracking through a phoneline.

She excitedly greeted me, held my arm, hugged me thight and then, another deep voice followed up, "Hi, son, it's been a while."