Quote # 12 (Riley)

“Look in a mirror, appreciate and love who looks back at you.”

-          Riley (ME!!)

The person who said this quote is amazing – like really amazing but absolutely penniless and lazy. She begs her parents to buy her books and laptop and go crazy over her college life. And that person is me.

(Come on people, at least laugh at that lame humor)

Anyway, when I made that quote, I was on my down and emo moments. I was thinking about how I was a failure, I was a pathetic human being. I turned to my tumblr (@reynarwrites) and just basically being moody. Then I read this message about how I was so nice (nice won’t let me be great, kiddo...). And then, I remembered something – if I’m thinking so low of myself, then all the compliments people speak about me are basically useless.

What I’m saying is – if you don’t love yourself, then how will people do the same? If you down yourself, then how will people look up at you? And I am not saying this in a way that people will look at me and say “what an egomaniac bitch”… no, I am saying this in a way like, if you don’t appreciate the person looking back at you in a mirror, then who will?

Love yourself first – Appreciate who you are – Then… and only then will people learn to love and appreciate you.

Did you guys get that?

Loving yourself first – putting your wellbeing above your boyfriend or girlfriend doesn’t make you selfish. They should know that being in a relationship is 98% to him or her and that 2% is for yourself. And dammit, don’t take away that measly 2% from yourself.

UGH!

Dammit. You are a precious person. Know that. Live by that.

YOU ARE WORTH EVERY DAMN MINUTE YOUR MOTHER LABORED FOR YOU TO BE BORN ON THIS WORLD. YOUR MOTHER ACCEPTED YOU EVEN WHEN YOU WERE PINK AND WRINKLY AND BASICALLY UGLY. ACCEPT YOURSELF NOW.

PERIOD.