Stay

August 3rd, 2025
Malibu, USA
Miley's POV    

5PM  

I've been with Noah for about two hours now, Ethan is still gone.

"Miley, it's my due date, I want this baby out. I want him out now." Noah says, sounding stressed.

"I know you're probably really stressed right now, but try to relax. I know it's easier said than done in this situation, but at least try. Getting all worked up isn't gonna make him come any sooner."

"I know, I just worry."

"About?" I ask.

"Ethan isn't here right now when I can possibly go into labor. What if Ethan isn't with me when he's born?" Then Noah starts to tear up.

"I know it's hard to think that he might not be there for you. You know for sure that I will be."

"Miley, I have a question." Noah says.

"Okay, go."

"Even if Ethan comes before the baby is born, will you still be with me?"

"Like, in the room with you?" I ask, trying to clarify.

"Yeah. Unless you don't want to, then-"

"You were there for me when the twins were born so I wasn't alone. I'd love to be there for you for extra support." Then Noah smiles and hugs me.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate it." She replies.

"You're welcome. You know I'll always be here for you, like you are for me."

________________

7PM

"Miley, Ethan is still gone."

"I know, we just have to wait. He'll come back."

"And he isn't here yet either." Noah says, pointing to her stomach. I smile, and she sighs.

"Give him time. Maybe he's waiting for Ethan." Then Noah holds her stomach. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Liar. Tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing. Just Braxton Hicks."

"Noah you've never looked this uncomfortable, are you having real contractions?" I ask.

"No, Miley. I said I'm fine!"

"If you're in labor you don't have time to just wait til Ethan comes back. Are they real contractions?"

"Miley, I'll be fine. I've been fine for the past two hours." Then my eyes widen.

"Two hours?! Noah are you fucking kidding me?!"

"I'll be fine! My water hasn't even broke yet." She says, trying to stay calm.

"Yeah, but you don't realize how fast it goes after your water breaks. You need to get to the hospital."

"No. I'm not leaving without Ethan."

"Noah I swear to god I will call 911 if you don't get in the car with me right now."

"Fine, fine. Let me call Ethan at least?"

"You can in the car, did you pack a hospital bag?" I reply. Noah nods and points to her room.

After I grabbed the bag, I walked with Noah to her car. I put the bag in the back and helped her in the passenger seat. I got in the driver's seat and started the car.