|7|•the darker the berry

People always come back, especially when they see you have happily moved on.

March 23, 1997

MICHAEL
"Baby, how does this look? It doesn't look too hoochie, huh?" Soraya asks me while looking herself over in the bathroom mirror and I couldn't help but chuckle at what she calls her outfit 'hoochie'.

She was wearing an orange, brown and black camouflage knee length dress that was clinging to her body just right, showing off her beautiful assets and the barely noticeable baby bump of her stomach

She was wearing an orange, brown and black camouflage knee length dress that was clinging to her body just right, showing off her beautiful assets and the barely noticeable baby bump of her stomach. Her skin looked so radiant against those colors. She did without the make up besides her eyebrows and lipgloss, which was outlined with lip liner; thank God because we wouldn't have had much time being that we were already running thirty minutes late. We were getting ready for today, which was going to Hayvenhurst for a small family gathering my parents had put together. This will be Soraya's first time meeting my family and vice versa who I had the chance of telling my mother about last month and I'm not so sure if Soraya was nervous, but, if so, she was hiding it very well.

Even if she was, I knew my family would love her just as much as I do and she will get along with everyone just fine. I may not know about Joseph and how he will react to meeting Soraya, but I just hope and pray whatever he feels, stays put away for the sake of my happiness and everyone having a good time. For the past few years, I have been distant from my family with the exception of Janet and our mother. Joseph always brought up a damn tour with my brothers and I always found ways to disregard the suggestions everytime. He was the main reason why I stayed away as I got older. I love my father and my brothers dearly, but I don't ever want to tour with them again. Maybe sometime in the near future when I retire or something, but as of now, hell no. I walked over from where I stood at by the bathroom door, standing behind her as she messed around in her afro, making sure everything was looking up to par.

I wrap my arms around her waist, placing my hands onto her stomach, staring at her gorgeous face through the mirror. "Queen, you look fine. Too fine, if you'd ask me..." I take a moment to reevaluate her outfit thinking of my brothers and how they can be at times, "maybe you should change."

Her hands dropped to her sides, "See, I knew it was too hoochie."

She tried to get out of my grasp but I held her in place, shaking my head and chuckling. "I was only kiddin'. Seriously, the dress is nice, the sandals you have on are great too. Everything is great. You look pretty, baby." I kiss her shoulder, letting my hand move in small circles on her stomach.

"Stop playing so much, Michael. I'm trying to make a good impression here." She gives a small smile, staring at me through the mirror.

"Girl, you don't need to make any good impressions on my family. They're gonna love you, okay? Just be you. Don't get your nerves too worked up. I don't need you stressing out our baby girl growing in there."