Seven

It is safer to accept any chance that offers itself, and extemporize a procedure to fit it, than to get a good plan matured, and wait for a chance of using it.     

- Thomas Hardy

Pete's POV

"I may be hurt. But at least, I do not feel so empty."

Right. That's how exactly I really feel when Tin asked me that time.

I'm hurt but not so lonely.
Not anymore.

Only my face is bruised, ah fine my whole body it is... but not my heart this time.

I am now standing in front of a big mirror in my own condominium unit. My mother does not really favor the situation but still give up on my persuasion. As always.

I begged her for this, for me to taste a life of being on my own...

Of being my real self.
And you already know what I mean.

I caress the bruises on my cheeks. The swelling already decreases due to the treatment I received in the clinic where Tin has brought me before dropping me home.

I smiled. It may look painful but my heart feels the opposite of it. It's rejoicing and happy right now.

Am I weird? Maybe. But I don't care.

I looked closer on my face once more. For the first time, I appreciated my own features. I don't know why but I also feel prettier... I mean more handsome than before.

Right.
I appreciated myself more because of his words... Ae's words.

I smiled against once more.
He said I looked more adorable when I smile.

Ah, great. My conscience is arguing with me. Fine, I know he did not say it, but why do I feel like he will, sooner or later? His smiles are talking directly to my poor heart.

Gosh, just a few times with Ae boosted my self-steam to the highest level.

I cannot erase the smile on my face.
Even though, I think I've been standing here for more than two hours now commemorating what just happened this evening.

Ae's concerns feel so real. And it's making my heart flutter and hopeful.

***

"Sawasdee khrub, Tin..."
Tin just nod his head confirming my greeting. That's the best he can give to anyone, anyway. So I smiled and sit down beside him afterwards. Well, we are seatmates by the way so there's no other place to go.

I looked at Tin once more. He may still look so handsome, but his face cannot hide the loneliness he is trying to hide even from himself.

I knew it.
The feeling of denying things even from yourself. I've been there. And actually still there, but just trying to loosen up a bit lately.

"What?"
"Ahmmm... Nothing..." I shook my head. I don't know how to speak to him. I still don't know how to free myself, so what else can I say to help him. Instead, I just gave him a timid comforting smile.

I feel guilty a bit for what I said to him last time.

"I may be hurt. But at least, I do not feel so empty."
"And, I am?"
"I don't know. Ask yourself..."

Of course, I know. I just want him to realize and accept it on his own. Our families have known each other for so long now. Though Tin does not accept anyone to be near him, I can still see how he live his life from afar.

And he is such a lonely child, I might say.

He doesn't smile often. For oftentimes even if he did, it doesn't look that genuine.

He doesn't even talk that much. Nor come around other teens. He just keep his self on his own.

He like being alone.
But I knew it is just a lie.
A lie he's been trying to live as a truth.

I hope I can help him.
Or he to help himself.
If not, at least anyone.
I pray there will be someone who can pull him out of his empty, lonely shell.

I was suddenly pulled out of my own stupor by a loud ring.

"Hello?" I heard Tin asked.
I saw him raise his right eyebrow while listening to the speaker on the other end.
"I am not a thief, I can buy as many as I want of this..."

I saw him look at my way then I realized the phone he is using is actually mine. The one left in my pocket before my supposedly ex robbed everything on me on that memorable day.

He handed me the phone and said, "You left this on the car yesterday..."
"Ow. Khop khun na khrub."
He nodded but continued to glare at it when I greeted the speaker on the other end.

"Sawasd--..."
"Ai'Pete...?! Are you okay? Why is the jerk holding your phone? Did he do anything bad to you? Did he hurt you... did he...?"

"Mai chai, khrub, Can. I'm fine. Ai'Tin even brought me to the clinic before he dropped me home yesterday." I smiled at Can's babbling.

I remembered how he forced me to give him my number, and his on me, just in case I need help if ever something happened to me on my way home. He actually said if ever Tin do anything bad to me that almost lead to unwanted incident between the two.

Ae has been able to stop his friend in attacking physically but not verbally. I may say Can's mouth cannot be really barred by anyone.

"Are you sure? I told you already, right? That you don't need to be afraid of him for I am not? I'm a football varsity and for that I am sure can kick his a*s hard?"

I turned away from Tin and talked to Can in whispering voice to prevent him from listening.

"Yeah, you did. And I told you, too, right? That Tin is a good man. He just doesn't know how to really express himself. He is my friend." Yeah, that's how he is to me even if he try to deny that fact.

"Aw, really? How could that happen? You are good while he is bad. I mean... you know, your smile is so warm while his is so cold. Wait, actually, he doesn't know how to smile at all. You two are too different to be friends. But, ahmmm... wait, Ai'Ae and I are also too different but we are still friends. Right. Okay, if you say so, I believe you..."

"Khop khun na, khrub, Can. Tin is just lonely, that's why..."
"Ow? Do you want me to help him? I'm good at cheering up people, too...!"
"Really?"
"Err... My name will not be Can anymore if I Can't...!"
"Really?"
"I mean it...!"

I hope so.
I really, really wish Can will be able to help Tin.
This is a good chance.

*****

A/N:

Hello, everyone!
Did you miss me?
I really missed you!😍
Hope you love the update.
Have a nice day/night! 😄