Running Away? Or, Running Towards?

Adora's POV

As I ran into the forest, I continously checked for those who may have followed me into the Whispering Woods.

If I'd know what I'd find, I truly don't know what I'd have done instead. I'd have likely waited at the very least, but hindsight is, as they say, 20/20.
I had hoped that no one was too worried about me or decided to look for my whereabouts. Had they sent any, they'd have found me later than preferred.

These thoughts stirring about my mind, I trekked on until I came upon a clearing. In the centre of said clearing apearred to be a sword of some sort. I walk towards it, there seemed to be a soft, blue light being emitted by the sword that grew stronger with every step I took. Once I held the handle, I saw many vision that were familiar and yet so very strange.

They filled me with a mix of confusion, fear and, oddly, joy as I looked down at my reflection on the blade. For a moment, it seemed as though my eyes glow golden as does my scar but as I blink the image disappeared. I thought, at the time, that it was just the way the light hit my face. Boy was I wrong...

Catra's POV

I woke up while the moon was still high in the ebony sky due to a lack of heat beside me. I had stayed that night instead of going back with Perfuma and the others; I had stayed with Adora, 'To make sure it doesn't happen again' was my excuse. In all honesty, I only stayed because I was scared I'd lose her if I didn't.
My fears had been clearly founded as I looked about the room and she had vanished.

I looked around the castle, searching high and low. Returning to Adora's I noticed the window was wide open and from it a rope did hang, to this day it has driven me crazy that did not notice it straight away.

I ran to Glimmer's room praying that she'd listen to me.
"Hey, Sparkles! Wake up, it's urgent," I say hoping she doesn't hear the worry in my voice.

"I thought I told you that nickname wasn't a loud," she grumbled while sitting up to see me. "What the heck is so important that you had to wake me in the middle of the night for? Why not bug Adora?"

"It concerns your sister, Glimmer. So, that's both why I didn't go to her about it and why it is so damn important. Now, are you going to listen or not?"

She nods and so I begin to explain, by the end of which she is on the verge of tears. After we worked out a plan, we woke Bow up, explained to him and all three of us packed supplies.

Glimmer teleported us all into the Whispering Woods, from there we began our search. We called her name and looked almost everywhere to no avail.
When we thought all hope was lost, we saw a bright light from a clear just a ways ahead of our trio. As we approached, we could saw a silhouette of a person holding a weapon of somekind.

I was the first to realise it was Adora and thus the first to run up to her with wet eyes and a relieved smile. "You're safe! You're actually okay..." I sobbed, my eyes stinging from tears. "Never do that to me again. I seriously don't think I could take that again."

She looked at me with tear filled eyes before collapsed in my arms while still clutching the sword. After picking her up bridal style, I walk over to Glimmer and Bow who had watched our short interaction. Glimmer teleported us all back to the castle where guards were awaiting us, apparently we had not been as covert as we'd thought we had.
Though, can you blame us? We were only children after all.

The next morning Queen Angela demanded to have a private meeting with all of us, one that was both terrifying yet rather calming and sweet.

"What were you thinking?" the queen had demanded once the guards had left us.

At first, Glimmer attempted to answer but was quickly interrupted by both Bow and Adora. I soon took over being consice in my answer.

Her stern look softened as she gazed upon us.

"You are all so stupid... You should have come to me. Now, where is this sword Adora has found?"

Adora stepped forward, holding out the broadsword handle first. "Here, Mum. I'm sorry for all of this..."

"It is quite alright, dear," she said taking the weapon. She looked over it eyes widening as she did so.
"T- this sword... It isn't meant to exist. It is one of myth... You said there was an all-engulfing light once Adora had a hold of this, yes? I must have you test something."

Angela called two guards into the room and told them to spar with Adora. Adora only had her sword as a weapon and was doing poorly.
I wanted to step in, but the Queen stopped me saying this was necessary.

Suddenly, she raised her sword and shouted more confidently than I'd ever saw her, "For the Honor of Grayskull!"

In a flash of light, a tall figure appeared in the spot Adora had stood. She, herself, was shocked and backed against a wall as we all had gasped.

"So, it is true... Adora, dear, you are someone quite special. You are SheRa."

We were all shocked at the news, but you'd be a fool to think it had frozen me. I ran over to her and searched her face for any signs of negative emotion, a fools errand of course.

She reached down with her free hand and cupped my cheek as she bent down to look me dead in the eye.
"Now I can protect you, Kitty Cat," she said and my heart skipped a beat. I would be a liar to say the nickname didn't make me blush, her actual statement even more so.

"Careful, A'. You could make a girl fall saying something like that," I managed to force out as she smiled at me.

All she did in reply was to whisper in my ear how it was her goal to begin with.
This did it, I went tomato red and held myself back from kissing her as she stood up straight. I watched as she returned to her original form in the blink of an eye.

Behind us I could hear our friends, and the Queen, giggling, but before I was able to question it I was shocked as Adora leaned over and kissed me. I had little to no time to realise what was happening before it had finished.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I- I shouldn't have done that... I'm going to go, um, do something."

As she went to walk away, I tugged on her risk, pulling her back. Mustering up all of my courage, I kissed her and, after a moment, she melted into the kiss.

We pulled apart, smiling at one and other. After exchanging a few "I love you"s, we heard a rather loud "ahem" and looked over to see everyone watching us with mixed emotions.

Both blushing madly, we walked over and began to talk with them about what had just happened.

Our lives were only just beginning to become bizarre...

We'd still not know what Adora's previous outburst had truly been. If we had, we'd never have let her use the sword. Ever.

~~~~

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in ages. Everything has simply been piling up with my mental health, mocks and the looming prospects of being in Year 11 soon. I hope you've enjoyed this so far and enjoy future chapters. I'm sorry if this part seems to escalate quickly.
You lot are what motivates me to continue this story, thank you! ❤️