Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

Grabbing the bow from the counter, I pull my hair into a half up half down ponytail when there's a knock on my door.

"Come in."

"Good, you're ready, I wish you would be on the field and not on the sidelines." Lizzie says walking into my room.

"Trust me I wish I was too," I glare over at Josie, "Someone pissed me off and I need to let some steam out," I grab my phone before walking to the door, "But then again football isn't really my thing so let's go before I change my mind of even going to the game that you lose every year."

We all walk out of my room, down the hall, and eventually down the stairs.

"Let's hit the dining hall and carb-load. It's game day," Lizzie jumps from the last step of the stairs.

"You guys can do that, I'm gonna have a light breakfast," I state.

Josie looks down guiltily at the floor. She did something.

"I'm not hungry." Josie says, Lizzie and I stop walking and look over at Josie, "What?"

The three of us start walking but due to the knowing expression on Lizzie's face, she knows something's up too, "Well, uh, funny thing, actually, Josette. This morning, as I was desperately trying to make this trash bag of a jersey look cute, I suddenly had the urge to purge. So, I fled to the bowl, and lo and behold, I heaved up a gallon of black goo." Josie's eyes widen, "So, seeing as I haven't been dabbling in any illicit black magic recently, I can only imagine it was a twin sympathy hurl." Josie looks around trying not to have eye contact with her twin, "And here you are, denying the day's most important meal. So, fess up-- what did you do?"

We round a corner, from the corner of my eye I see Penelope lurking in the corner with a smirk on her face, I sigh. Here we go.

"Maybe you're pregnant, Lizzie?" Penelope suggests, Lizzie shoots her a glare, but it doesn't even phase her, she continues to mock her, "Oh, or maybe it's just how that jersey fits."

"Go away, evil one." I scoff at Josie's insult.

Penelope fakes a smile, "Already gone." But before she leaves she looks Josie in the eyes, "Hot tip? Next time you burn your ex's hair off, make sure she can't rock a lob." She flips her now short hair over her shoulder before looking over at me, "Thanks for the help Dessi."

Lizzie scoffs, "Only her friends call her that Satan."

I roll my eyes at her, "No problem Po-Penelope," 

"Was that Poppy, I almost heard," She teases.

Shaking my head, "Nope, I was gonna say I kinda wanted a poppyseed muffin but can't have those since I'm being drug tested by my doctors because of this medication they want to put be on," I half lie.

Soon the playful manner on Penelope's face goes away and is replaced with worry, she takes a step forward, "Are you okay?"

Lizzie steps forward in a protective manner, "Like you care."

I glare at Lizzie, "Stop," I then look back at Penelope, "Yes, I'm fine. It's just a precaution

"In case you get sick from sickle cell again." She worriedly says.

I nod, "But like I said, it's a precaution I'll fine and healthy."

"Why are you still here?" Josie bitchingly said to Penelope. Do they have to be so rude?

Penelope looks me in the eyes, worry etched in her face. I nod, silently telling her I'm fine before she struts away.

Lizzie whips her head in my direction, surprisingly not injuring herself, "You helped the dark lord?!"