Mirio Togata: After school training 💌

You set down your bag on a bench nearby. The sun would be gone in about an hour, for sure.
"Come on, Y/N! Time is running out!" Mirio yelled, smiling as he streched to warm up.
It was getting harder and harder to keep up in class. You were considered a late bloomer, which meant that your quirk developed later than with most normal kids. It made you an outcast for quite a while. The doctors said you were one in 10.000. A gene mutation that made you the one always overshadowed.
But Mirio was different. He was friends with everyone, even the outcasts.

It's not that you were bad at studying. You were a grade A student, but when it came to fighting, it wasn't the same case. Your agility was great, but you were lacking other physical attributes like strength and speed the others seemed to have and kept developing. All you ever wanted was to be able to keep up.

"So, what are we doing today?" You asked curiously as you approached him.
"More combat practice, of course. The next test is next month and I don't want you to end up facing an insensitive idiot or overachiever unprepared." Mirio stated.
"So, let's fight." He smiled as he got into position.
"Are you sure? I don't think I can take someone like you. You're part of the big three, after all." You wail.
You appreciated his concern and willingness to help you, but it wouldn't erase your past experiences.
"I'll go easy on you for now. I promise." He smiled fiercely, his competitive spirit showing. Mirio could be quite the show off sometimes. Not implying that he didn't earn it. Even the thought of that would have landed you a punch in the gut from Nejire and Tamaki.
"I'll even grant you the first move! Come on, Y/N! I believe in you."
A warmth rushed up to your cheeks just now.
"Okay, Okay.." You huffed.
With a deep breath, you charged at Mirio, punching in his direction with all your might, just for you to miss and stumble.
"Hey, that's not fair!" You pouted.
"You could have predicted the obvious!" Mirio chuckled.
You stood back up and charged at him again, this time first faking a direct attack and then trying to aim for his ribs. Your eyes blinked once, and he seemed to be gone. You looked around, but there was no trace of him.
"Hey Mirio...I don't think I can ever land a hit if you always disappear into thin air like that." You exclaimed.
You should have given up a long time ago. This proved to you that Mirio might have just been a little bit too enthusiastic. Not everyone could be saved.
Suddenly, you felt someone hold you by your waist.

"Always keep your eyes on the enemy."

You felt the warmth spread through your body, your face heating up.

"Hey, I uhh.. think you might have gotten a fever. Maybe we should take a break?" He chuckled.