"We're All Bloody Inspired"

The screeching sound coming from the other side of the heavy door was first noticed by Newt. Thomas and Minho were busy trying to think of a way out. He hesitantly looks over his left shoulder towards it. Newt looks tired, the veins in his neck are more visible and his face is slowly losing colour.

    Yellow and gold sparks flew off the edges of the door as Janson and his guards attempt to enter the small laboratory. Thomas spins around to face the window and looks out. You could almost hear the cogs turning in his head, figuring out a plan of escape.

    Over the loud noise Minho shouts, "Any ideas?" Newt and Minho turn back to face Thomas, who snaps his head towards them.

    "Maybe..." Is all he says.

🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺

They use a close by gas canister to break the glass. Charging at full speed and chucking the canister at the huge window. It seems like a very long way down as they watch it fall, shards falling with it, and collide with the water below.

    "Okay, it's doable." Thomas looks at Minho, who's looking at the damage they just made, then at Newt and they make eye contact. But Newt looks down soon after, "Just need a... a little running start." He says running backwards.

    The angle grinder has almost cut through the lock. Minho, Thomas and Newt stand side by side getting ready to jump.

    "You sure about this?" Minho asks.

    "Not really." Thomas replies bouncing up and down a bit.

    "Nice pep talk." Minho says sarcastically.

    "Yeah, we're all bloody inspired." Newt chips in. All of a sudden the machine stops signalling that it's job is done and is closely followed by a loud BANG!

    Thomas starts pulling the others towards the shattered window and they break into run. Janson rams into the open the door, opening it further.

    Thomas jumps first followed closely by Newt and Minho. They fall, arms flailing and screaming.

    Janson stands overlooking where they just fell, pointing his gun downward.

    After a few seconds they resurface. Minho, then Newt, then Thomas. Droplets of water run down their faces. Still panting, they all look up at Janson. The man, glaring down at them, shakes his head in anger.

    With no emotion in his face, Thomas flips him off with a gloved hand. Then they start swimming towards the edge. Thomas helps Newt out and they all stand up.

    The sound of Launchers starting up filled their ears as they turn round to face away from the water.

    "You three, don't move!" One of the four guards yells at them.

    "Oh you've gotta be kidding me!" Thomas mumbles.

    The guards slowly walk towards them, "Take it easy." Thomas reaches for a gun in his back pocket. "Ah, ah, ah! Don't even think about it! Get on your knees. Put your hands in the air." The second after he finishes speaking, one of the other guards turned and shot them down. The unknown guard runs towards them and rips off his mask.

    Minho doesn't know that Gally was still alive so it comes as a bit of a shock when he sees him, "Gally?"

    "Minho." Gally gives him a little nod. He then looks up at the window that jumped from and back down again. "You guys are nuts!"

    Thomas looks at Minho and hits his shoulder, "I'll explain later." He starts following Gally.

🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺

The four of them hide behind concrete walls that holds a few trees. Gally and Thomas behind one; Newt and Minho behind another.

    "Well, they're definitely pissed." Gally says panting.

    "How far are the tunnels?" Thomas asks removing his sodden gloves.

    "Er... maybe 12 blocks away." He tells him. Suddenly Newt starts coughing and Gally can see the sadness and pain in Thomas's eyes as Thomas stares at Newt, "We can make it." Thomas looks down at him from where he's crouching and Gally nods.

    Minho kneels in front of Newt, "You good? How you feeling?"

    "Terrible... It's good to see you though!" Newt places a hand on his shoulder and smiles at him. Minho moves over to Thomas.

    "How long has he been like this?"

    "He'll be okay. We just gotta get to Brenda." Thomas unzips his jacket and shrugs it off. "She's got the serum." He stands and makes his way to Newt, "Hey Newt. Come bud. We gotta get you up." He helps Newt stand up but he almost falls over again. "Woah. Woah. You okay?"

    "Yeah."

🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺

An explosion shakes the whole city. Minho and Thomas are helping Newt to walk. Gally stops and faces the explosion.

    "We're supposed to take out WICKED, not the whole damn city!" Thomas looks at him slightly concerned.

    "Gally, come on." Thomas starts walking again and Gally soon follows suit, after a few more seconds of staring at the flames.