Chapter Sixteen

{Unknown Point of View}

I fucked up.

I shot the wrong wolf.  I shot the one I needed to tranquilize.

Shit.  Shit.  Shit.

The Boss isn't going to like hearing about this failure.  She made it very clear what would happen if I failed.

Man, I hope she lives.  I need her alive.  I don't want to call her...  But she needs to know that I failed.  I sighed hard and pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number.  She picked up on the first ring.

"Speak."

Ah, shit.  That's her "no-nonsense" voice.

"I shot the wrong wolf with quicksilver."

Silence was my answer.  Oh, man.  I'm so dead.

"You what?!"

Her voice was acidic and I flinched.

"I shot the wolf I was supposed to tranquilize with quicksilver.  The small wolf she was with saved her."

I had started pacing.  I heard her sigh on the other end of the line.

"Get back here.  If she lives, we'll continue our plans.  If she dies, you die.  See you in an hour."

She hung up and I gulped loudly.  She was being merciful, and that terrified me.  I only needed her help because she had the missing element I needed to bring my race back.  I sighed, rubbed my face, and grabbed my backpack that held my camping gear and my extra gun and bullets.

I sighed as I placed my bag in my car, getting in the drivers seat and starting the car.  The drive didn't take long and I pulled up to the mansion, the guards grunting at me when I walked into the entrance way.

I nodded at one of the guards as he led me to where the Boss was at that time.  I winced and ducked when she threw a lamp at my face.  If I hadn't ducked, she would have smashed my face with the heavy broken glass.

"Give me one reason to keep you alive, you goddamn failure."

I whimpered when she turned around to look at me, her normally amber eyes sheening to a dark purple in anger.  I sighed softly.  

"I'm the only one who's gotten close enough to actually shoot her?"  I tried.

Her hands made it to her hips and her lovely tail lashed like an angry cat.  And just like that, it was over.

"Go rest until dinner.  We'll regroup at that time."

I didn't say another word as I bowed and left, to kill time until dinner.

------------------------------

{Yo!  I'm back!  I've got two more chapters actually written up for you guys, and I like the direction I'm going with this story.  And now I've got to poof back to class!  Yay, third term~!

Much love!

CAEON}