Familiar Faces

A few days pass. Maybe a week? I'm not paying attention anymore.

I've finally won Jasper's complete trust. He sticks to my side like a magnet. If only this could've happened before I met the Winchesters, and got into this mess. On the plus side, since I've completely tricked Jasper, he's helped me gain full access back to the veil again, which means if I can get Sam, Dean and Cas in here, I can help them with their plan, and they can take me back.

At least, that's how it would work in a perfect situation.

However, as much as I love living my life walking on eggshells, I spend most of my time praying to Cas to get me out of here.

Today is no different. I stand outside the sanctuary, back to my former work, but my mind is occupied trying to contact Castiel. I'm sure by now he's heard me at least once, and I'm sure that by now, they know I'm gone. What I'm not sure of is whether or not they're searching for me. That seems to be a recurring thing.

The hours pass. Being back is a little unusual now. People treat me differently. Still with respect, but there's something different. It's like they know that I'm vulnerable now, and it surely changes things.

"Hey," Jasper greets me, interrupting my reverie. He kisses my cheek discreetly. "How's it going?"

"Fine, nothing new," I reply, giving him a sweet smile. "What's up?"

"I'm giving you a break. Go relax for a bit."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

I leave hastily, and sneak away to a secluded part of the veil where I can be alone to think. It's too risky for me to be sneaking down to Earth these days.

I walk through an abandoned hall, relishing the familiar stone and marble craftsmanship of the walls and floors. For a second, I'm comforted.

Then, I'm suddenly taken by the arm into a room that's supposed to be boarded up. My mouth is covered and I'm held still until I stop struggling.

"It's just me," Castiel says, releasing his hold on me.

I turn around and literally throw my arms around him. "I've never been so happy to see you."

"You've known me for only small while, don't get ahead of yourself," he stubs out my joy. "Listen. I can't stay long, they'll know I'm here."

"Okay, I'm all ears," I nod.

"Just know that I can hear everything you're saying to me, for starters," he sighs. "Did you truly think we'd let you be taken and not come find you? We're a team now, remember that." I nod. That makes me feel better. "There's a change of plans now. We're going to be doing this solely on your guidance since you're here, and you can communicate with me. It will be difficult, because you can't hear me, but we can make it work. Are you following me?"

"Yeah," I nod again.

"Okay. Dean and I will be ready whenever you decide to give me the signal. It's your call. Preferably soon, though." Castiel pauses. "It'll take Dean and I about 45 seconds to get into the veil after you give me the signal. I can land anywhere in this place you tell me to, so choose wisely. Preferably as close to the sanctuary as we can get."

"Once we're in a position we can speak to each other, it will be much easier. If something goes wrong, but you can't tell us, use Poughkeepsie. It's the Winchesters' word for drop everything and run. In which case, I'll do everything in my power to grab the souls, as well as you and Dean, and get us out of here and back to the bunker."

"Okay," I breathe. It's a lot to take in. "This is risky, Cas. Are you sure you want to go with this?"

He nods. "This is the best way. We trust you. You remember all of your training, correct?"