After

Maddy's P.O.V.

I wake to the sound of someone talking, Spencer. I open my eyes so I can see him. When I open my eyes, I don't just see him, I see I'm the starch room of a hospital.

"Maddy, you're awake!" Spencer exclaims, yet in a whisper.

"What all happened? Well, I remember for the most part, but what are my injuries?" I ask, curious.

"Good, I'm glad you can remember some. Well, you got shot in your right arm, two broken ribs, a concussion, along with a gash on your head. But with that, you just have a lot of bruises and scratches." Spencer explains.

"What time is it?" I ask, also not knowing that.

"It's 8:00pm, Christmas Day. We are still in Michigan." Spencer informs me. "I'm just glad you're okay." He strokes my hair, not wiping away blood this time. He's being carful to stay away from the cut.

"You caught him, right?"

"Yes we did. We also got him to confess."

"Good, I'm glad."

"I'm sorry this is a horrible way to spend Christmas." Spencer apologizes for no reason.

"You have no reason to be sorry" I tell him.

"I feel bad though. I could have gone instead of you."

"Spencer, stop."

"Alright, get some rest now. I'll stay by you as long as I can." He tells me, now holding onto my hand.

"Love you" I tell him.

"I love you to." He says with a slight smile on his face. I barely even noticed the rest of the team in the room.
......

Maddy's P.O.V.

It's been a week since I've gotten out of the hospital and came back to Virgina. I was in the hospital for only two nights. Spencer stayed with me for the first couple of nights to help me out. Today will be my first day back at work. I won't be going anywhere or doing much, but I can still help out in other ways.

I arrive at the BAU headquarters and carefully walk inside the building. I'm glad I'm not using the crutches anymore though. It's quite difficult because I have the bullet wound on my right arm. Luckily, I'm left handed.

"Hello Maddy. How are you today?" Asks Spencer, walking toward me.

"Getting better everyday." I say, trying to be positive. Spencer plants a kiss on my partially split lip, not wanting to hug me to hurt me even more.

"Round table." Announces Hotch as he walks past us. Reid assists me to the table, sitting me down between him and Penelope. We are the last ones there.

"Alright, so, Maddy is back at work, and we are all very glad." Hotch starts out. "But we now have another case. 3 people have been killed, all the same way. First kidnapped then brutally stabbed. All kidnapped from their workplaces. And, they all worked in healthcare. We have to head to Arkansas. We leave in 20 minutes. Maddy, are you permitted to come by a doctor?" Asks Hotch.

"Well, I'm a doctor, and I give myself permission to go. But my other doctor does not agree." I tell him honestly.

"I have company." Says Garcia gleefully. Spencer looks quite disappointed when he learns he has to leave.

"Take care of your self Maddy." Spencer tells me.

"I will. I'll be with Garcia." I reassure him.

"Alright. Goodbye. I love you."

"Goodbye. Stay safe. I love you too." I tell him back, then we gingerly hug eachother. Extremely painful yet comforting. After biding my goodbyes to everyone, we go to Garcia's office.