Chapter 1

Klaus'

'No'

'Klaus'

'No, I gotta finish my coffee first'

'Klaus, get up'

'It's just an investigation it can wait like 2 seconds while I drink my life-giving potion, okay?'

The glare the Diego was sent his way did absolutely nothing to deter him and Klaus just kept on leisurely drinking his coffee. Somebody - Luther he's assuming by the bass - let out a sigh behind him and turned to the door.

'Look if I'm really so annoying why don't you just leave without me?' Klaus retorted, he literally never did anything in missions - except get in the way of course.
Another sigh could be heard and he had a feeling he said the wrong thing. Again.

'Because Klaus, you just said it yourself, it isn't a fight it's an investigation', Luther already had a tired air to him,' it's about paranormal activity so we need you to see whether there are any ghosts hanging around or it's something else we need to deal with.'

Klaus perked up significantly, god he might actually be useful on a mission for once, who woulda thought that would ever happen?

Rapidly downing his coffee Klaus grabbed the nearest coat he could find and pulled his boots on. The door was looking mighty more inviting now.

With Klaus up and ready to go the rest of the offbeat family grabbed their things and got ready for action, (not that there would be much of it, they'll probably just watch Klaus sit on the floor for a few hours) before Five pushed them all into a circle.

A few seconds later, they were gone.

The dysfunctional family appeared in the centre of what seemed to be a parking lot. Surrounding them were pastel coloured buildings with green and blue roofs and creamy smooth walls on all the buildings. It was a developing country with a strangely familiar script written on the shop signs and dirt roads that blew dust into eyebrows and up your nostrils.

It made Klaus feel bittersweet, know if only he could figure out why.

'...we're just investigating so there is no need to voice any of our concerns to the locals, that is if we even find anything to be concerned about of course.'

Ah yes, Luther was still talking. He likes to give little pep talks at the beginning of everything we do together as if he's some sort of big brother. Honestly, it's infuriating. Back on topic though, Klaus still didn't know where they were and when they would be leaving.

'Oi, guys, where the in the actual hell are we? As you all know I got a bit...sidetracked at breakfast, ' A grin wriggled its way into his face, how he loved annoying his siblings, and judging by the scowl on everybody was wearing, he had succeeded.

Diego, as always, jumped at the chance to call him an idiot, ' If you had been there when we asked you to better you would already know, Dumb Dumb.' Luther, who had already walked off, seemed to be done with Klaus' chit chat, Five wasn't exactly the most likely candidate to give a straight answer and Vanya was attempting to ask a local about directions which meant the only person to give a vaguely helpful reply was Allison.

' We're in South Vietnam, I think, in a city which was used a battleground, 'whilst Allison kept on nattering away, Klaus froze, 'Kuh Sans think it was called? or no wait maybe it was-',

'Khe Sanh' Allison fell silent at his murmur.

Klaus sucked in a breath and scrubbed his face roughly.

'Yeah, how did you know?' Allison's pretty face was crinkled in confusion which only worsened when Klaus sat down on the grime-covered ground, his movements halting.

Klaus didn't look up when Allison crouched down next to him, nor when she turned and walked away. He didn't move a muscle when Luther yelled for everyone to keep up or when Five sat down on the sandy pathway, pressed a comforting hand into his back and yelled to the others to wait.

He'll be damned if he ever goes onto that battlefield again.