9: Year Eight/Nine/First Year?

Izuku sluggishly pulled himself from the warmth of his soft bed and dragged his sleeping body to the dining room, warm, clean carpet underfoot. Numbers and phrases coursed through his overworked mind as it regretted meeting the freezy air compared to the temperature of the sleeping grounds he reluctantly abandoned. Dumping himself in a chair, gracing it with his body heat and sliding down halfway causing his green shirt to pull up, he stretched a yawn and squeezed his eyes.

"Good morn- holy shit, what happened to you?"

"Nothing happened, not even sleep."

"Busy thinking 'bout something?"

"Yeah, maybe." A bowl of rice and some miso soup was prepared in front of Izuku. As he thanked his dad and they ate an actual breakfast together for the first time in a month, a comfortable silence enabled. After ten minutes of the tinking sound of cutlery, Shouta finished his rather enjoyable, proper breakfast, leaving with his dishes then returning to retake his seat much to his son's unspoken confusion. Izuku completed his own pleasant food after staring at it for a while in thought, but remained seated, feeling the world's weight swirling in his head.

After a hushed debate on whether to say it or leave it, Shouta ignored his hesitation and openly observed: "You look like crap."

"Aw gee, thanks, Dad." Izuku's tone was harsh as he realigned himself and sat upright once more, forcing yet another yawn to break from his plush lips.

"Take this. I didn't open it or anything." His father's dry voice said as he passed a slip over the table to Izuku. He took it into his calloused yet soft hands and stared at the printed writing, the wax enclosing the contents, everything. He just stared at it, rereading the words countless times as his brain promptly discarded the information much to his left brain's dismay.

"What's it say?" Aizawa had expected this, too early in the morning for his brain to operate properly. In the early mornings, only Aizawa is safe from his son; his lack of rationality and care towards others make him a morning demon that only makes exemptions for his dad. He says what he thinks so be prepared to be insulted or have some weird shit thrown at you, he won't think twice about anything and won't do anything he deems unnecessary. He'll be manipulative or straight forward, no in-between; focusing all interest on the tiniest of things and short tempered at the smallest faults or misinterpretations. Izuku will send death glares and threats to anything and everything, he'll blatantly avoid all social contact with the least subtlety possible and won't deal with anyone's shit. This is the only time Bakugou won't bully him because it is a truly terrifying time for everybody. Except Aizawa. Izuku would live in detention if not for the fact that he un-demons when something especially good happens to him or when he motivates himself to do something such as hush to avoid more detentions and trips to the principal's office. School holidays are the worst, he just wants to sleep and train his quirk which results in him sleeping more often, even Aizawa steers clear then. In elementary school, everyone knew to avoid him before school and bully him during or after, the people whom defied this unuttered rule got their asses handed to them. However, if Izuku is put into a bad (worse) mood after being woken up, for example, he couldn't find his uniform or had a task or chores to do; don't expect anything more than snark, sarcasm and sass from him.

"Says 'U.A. High-School'." Aizawa complied. He may be safe now, but his son only just tolerates him above others, he still needs to be wary with his actions.

"Oh, sweet." They sat in silence for a minute, one's gazed fixed on the paper, the other growing an elusive grin at his teenager's slow reaction time. "Oh. OH. OHHHHH. It's the letter from Yuuei!" Suddenly, the almost limp body was released from its early morning paralysis and was now shaking in its chair. "It's really here!". He was praying to all the Gods and Goddesses for the letter to be an acceptance for the General Education department at the school. He took one end of the envelope in each hand then pulled outwards because that's how he opens envelopes. As the paper tore itself into two, a small disc landed on the wooden table before the both of them. The disc threw a blue, two-dimensional square into the air, said square displayed a message from a hologram. A close up of All Might's face appeared, greeting in his deep voice: