3

24th of april, 2019

dear zach,

at breakfast today, you were strangely quiet. i observed you silently from my side of the room, the other three chatting away avidly without noticing your silence, but i did; your eyes trailed around your plate as you played with your food.

has no one taught you to not play with your food?

i couldn't get your expression out of my mind; it's as though your mind was miles away, and you couldn't concentrate on anything around you, as though you were deaf and couldn't actually hear anything being said.

i called your name, and i suspected, you didn't look up. jonah chuckled and elbowed you lightly, clearly not seeing the issue, before pointing in my direction. when your eyes locked with mine, i could almost feel the life come back to them. you smiled softly in return to mine, and then you began eating.

i'm glad you aren't starving yourself. i don't know what i'd do if that were the case.

daniel brought up the topic of his hair;

"what do you guys honestly think of my hair? like did i make a mistake dying it?" he was looking at himself in the front camera of his phone, but he quickly looked up at us all after his question.

"are you stupid? it looks amazing!" jonah exclaimed, looking horrified. daniel blushed.

"yes, it honestly does." i added, sending him a soft smile.

"i love having a blonde buddy!" corbyn joked, nudging daniel playfully. you hadn't said anything, and honestly, i kinda thought you wouldn't, until your soft voice broke through.

"you're lucky dani, you suits lots of things." i figured the comment would end here, with your tight smile and daniel's increased blush, but it didn't. "i would never suit it. i barely suit brown. i don't suit anything." your voice got quieter and quieter, and your words broke my heart. everyone was frozen for a few seconds, digesting your words and exchanging confused glances.

"z, what are you saying? you suit brown hair." corbyn scoffed.

"well maybe, but my hair is very... blegh." you let out a soft noise, but i could hear the hurt in your voice. the rest of the boys brushed off your comment lightly, but i couldn't. i continued to watch your every move during breakfast, and i admired your hair.

personally, i love your hair. it always looks so fluffy and soft, and if i could, i'd spend all day running my fingers through it. your hair is beautiful, just like every other inch of you.

you forget that you shouldn't compare yourself to others. you have qualities that others could only dream of having, and they're never going to be the same as anyone else's. your trying too hard to see yourself in another light, when in reality you just have to try to accept yourself.

i wish you could see yourself from my eyes. you're more special than anyone else. i wish you knew that imperfections make you an exception.

(hey guys... i had a short break oops. hope you enjoy!)