Chapter 10

Dianne applied a light layer of lipgloss over her red lipstick and looked at her makeup in the mirror, smacking her lips together gently and smiling at the reflection staring back at her. She was almost ready, her hair curled in waves, sitting perfectly on her shoulders. Her makeup was natural with a pop of red on her lips and she had dainty diamond earrings in. There was just one problem- she was sat in her fluffy white dressing gown.
"Luba!" She jumped up and walked through her apartment, looking for her best friend. "Luba, will you help me pick what to wear?" Dianne walked into her bedroom to see Luba lying on her bed, her laptop playing some documentaries. She looked up from her screen, "Sure. Where are you going?"
"I don't actually know, but it's a date."
"Ooo, a date. Perfect- I'm a pro at this." Luba paused the episode and jumped off her bed, quickly going back into Dianne's room and began rooting through her wardrobe.

After a few minutes, there was a collection of outfits on Dianne's bed, each having been discarded for many different reasons. Too casual. Too dressy. Too boring. Too hot. Too cold.
"Aha!" Luba said, her voice muffled from being practically inside the wardrobe. She pulled out some loose fitting, black and white flower printed trousers and a long-sleeved black crop top, along with some white vans and a denim jacket.
"Don't you think that's a bit...meh?" Dianne said from where she was sat cross-legged in a pile of clothes.
"Just try it on Di." Luba threw the items to her friend and started to put some of the abandoned clothes back into the wardrobe. When she looked back, Dianne had changed and was looking at herself in the mirror.
"You look gorgeous Dianne" Luba commented, smiling as she met Dianne's shy gaze in the mirror.
"Thanks Lubes, is this okay?"
"Yes, you look stunning. Joe is a lucky man."
"Oh shush you." A blush crept up Dianne's neck as she turned to look at her outfit from all angles. "Okay, this'll do."
"What time is Joe picking you up?" Luba asked as she sat on the bed.
"Let me check my messages, he told me a time earlier." Dianne reached for her phone on her bedside table, going onto her text messages and straight onto Joe's contact. "Uhh half two. I've no idea what we are doing or where we are going but knowing Joe, it can't be too bad, can it?"
"Nope. Well, you've got around an hour so why don't you tell me all the gossip if you won't tell anyone else."

"Bye Luba!" Dianne left the apartment, locking the door behind her and made her way down the flight of stairs to the ground floor. As she reached the bottom, she could just about see Joe's body stood by the doors leading into the building. Quickly crossing the landing, Dianne rushed over to the door and let herself out.
"Hi Dianne" Joe said with a smile as he saw her. Tucking his phone into his back pocket, he checked around for cameras before pecking Dianne's cheek.
"Hiya, where are you taking me?"
"You'll see." A black cab pulled up along side the partners stood on the pavement. "There's our ride." Joe led the way to the cab, checked it was for 'Joe Sugg' and, upon confirmation, opened the door for Dianne. She ducked in first, climbing across the back seat to sit on the other side. Joe rattled off an address Dianne didn't recognise and sat back in his seat. Edging it's way towards him, Dianne's hand wandered across the middle seat to Joe. Clasping his hand in hers, she brought them up to her lips and kissed his soft skin. Joe met her eyes and smiled at his date.

"Thanks!" Joe climbed out of the car first and held the door open for Dianne. Once she was out and on the pavement, Joe pushed the door shut and watched the cab drive away. Turning back to Dianne, he linked their arms together and walked quickly into the building in front of them, trying to evade any paps. Ever since the articles from earlier in the week, Joe had been on edge whenever he was with Dianne- the articles had gotten to her and he was determined to keep her as far away from it all as he could. As soon as they were inside and safe, Joe breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that Dianne didn't seem to notice. She was far too busy looking round and trying to work out where she was.
"Joe, where are we?" Deciding it was easier to ignore the question, Joe walked over to a desk in the corner of the room, pulling Dianne along by her hand.
"Booking for Joe Sugg?" The woman looked through a clipboard in front of her before smiling and standing up. She walked around her desk and faced the pair. "If you'd like to follow me." Turning, she led the way down some steps and out a double set of glass doors that opened up onto a small piece of land, covered with little pods. The pods were made from glass, a small door in the front for people to get in and out. Inside the dome, there were a couple of comfy-looking chairs and a table in the middle. Along the edge was a smaller table with a speaker on top. The lady pressed a button and the door opened on a hinge at the top, the whole panel in the air.
"I'll send someone over to take your orders soon" she said, handing Joe two drinks menus and moving to the side to let the pair in. "I'll close the door for you, there's a button here" she indicated a button on the inside of the door, "in case you need it opening."
"Thank you" Joe said kindly. With a nod, the lady turned away and left them alone. The pair watched the door close before Dianne turned to look at Joe, a childish grin on her face.
"Joe, how did you find this place?!" She gasped, walking around to look at everything.
"I googled 'cute places to take the best girl in my life'."
Dianne's heart fluttered. "Aren't you smooth."
"That's me."
"This place is amazing Joe, thank you" Dianne said sincerely, walking over and placing a hand on his chest. "It's beautiful."

"Afternoon tea?" A waiter opened the door and carried a tray in, a selection of sandwiches and delicacies. Another waiter followed with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. Setting the tray down on the big table, the first waiter turned to second and took the bottle off him, popping it. The second waiter held out the glass for the first, which he filled about half way and set down in front of Dianne. He did the same with the other glass and put it in front of Joe. The two men bowed out and shut the door behind them.
"Well cheers" Dianne smiled, picking up her glass and holding it out in front of her.
"Cheers to you for being a saint all the time."
"And cheers to you for being the best student."
"Cheers to us!"
"Cheers to us!"

"I'll see you tomorrow bright and early to learn our foxtrot."
"I might have a lie-in, not sure these early mornings are too good for me" Joe joked, rubbing his hand over his eye.
"You best bloody not or I will come to your house and personally kick your arse."
"Okay, I'll be there, as bright eyed and as bushy tailed as possible. Well, for me anyways."
"Okay then" Dianne laughed, "I'll see you tomorrow. Thank you for today, it was amazing and I just love spending time with you."
"Same here, thank you for being my date" Joe said rather sheepishly.
"Any time." Dianne reached up slightly to kiss Joe's cheek. He turned his head at the last second and captured her lips. They held it for a moment before Dianne pulled away and hugged Joe. When they broke apart, Dianne turned around and let herself into her apartment. She blew Joe a kiss before going in and closing the door behind her. Luba, having heard the door open from her bedroom, came rushing into the kitchen. "So, tell me everything."