FOUR

★ ★ ★
"We have decided," she took a small breath in, but her eyes never left the crowd of students. "To merge the Hogwarts House dormitories and activities."

It was silent for a minute or so.

And then the Dining Hall broke into an uproar.
★ ★ ★
"Excuse me but what the fuck." Jackson Wang shouted from his seat near Taehyung at the Gryffindor table.

"My last year will be ruined!"

"Wait till my mother hears about this!"

"But why are they-"

"They can't do that-"

"Bullshit!"

Cries from every student could be heard. Both Jackson and Yukhei were stood up, shouting in retaliation. Everyone else following their lead and doing the same.

Until, suddenly, an unfamiliar booming voice could be heard; "Everyone sit down!"

In an instant, the entire Hall was silent. An unknown man stood at the very front of the Dining Hall, alongside many other teachers.

"That's Professor Lee." Jackson whispered to Taehyung.

"Always using that Amplifying Charm." Lee Chan, a younger Gryffindor, tsked. He picked a piece of turkey from a platter in front of him before shoving it in his mouth and glancing around, hoping no one at the table saw him steal a bite. Which they all did.

Although the Dining Hall had descended a few volumes, there were still anxious whispers shared among the students.

"Are they serious?"

"I hope I don't get put with that Slytherin-"

"Dear lord, save our souls."

Taehyung sat, silent, as he watched the Headmistress stand tall and raise her chin to the air.

"The staff and I have found this a good idea, as everyone has become rather...secluded to just their sole house." Professor Chang spoke.

A few grumbles came throughout the crowd of students.

"In the end, we're all people. Everyone needs to be reminded that, too." Professor Chang continued. "Therefore, we will combine students in separate dormitories from each house. These groups will be split into year gaps. First years will be sharing dorms with Second years, but no older students as it is still a matter of comfort for our youngest kids here. Yet, the third years will be put with students up to their fifth year, and some fifth years will also be given the option of sharing dorms with sixth and seventh years if they prefer."

Murmurs of shock broke out among the students, and even Taehyung felt intimidated.

It was only his first year attending Hogwarts, but even he found that being put with the eldest students of the school was a tad terrifying. He just hoped he could be out with Namjoon, Hoseok and Seokjin. That was a welcoming trio.

But Taehyung could only hope.

"For now," Headmistress Chang gazed over the crowd with regal posture. "All of you may simply enjoy your food. By the end of dinner, each one of you will be given a list of roommates and the location of your new dorm." A few groans and sighs came from the people around Taehyung.
★ ★ ★
Yoongi groaned, everyone else disappointed.

"Whether you are to rest in your own dorm or not, is a question. But I do hope you all see this as an opportunity for new friends rather than an awkward way to spend the rest of the year."

Jimin took a bite from a piece of smoked ham on his plate, his mind swarmed with too many thoughts and worries.

What if he had to deal with someone annoying?

What if he was given bad roommates?

What if they were slobs?

Jimin could only worry.

Staring down to his full dinner plate, the entire meal delicious and inviting, Jimin suddenly found that his hunger had disappeared.

"Have a great dinner." Headmistress Chang said softly, before she returned to her seat at the dining table for Hogwarts staff. As soon as she sat down, the entire Dining Hall burst into loud chatting and shouts.

"Can you believe this?" Yoongi turned and questioned Jimin. The blond shook his head, his mind still racing.
★ ★ ★
Hoseok's mind raced.

Merge the houses?

The entire Hufflepuff table was in an uproar, everyone crying out in retaliation to this new declaration.

But the brunet couldn't hear a single word from anyone, instead, he could only think of what this year was to hold.

This, being his last year at Hogwarts, was supposed to be a school year of final memories and accomplishments. Said memories were supposed to be made with his friends. His Hufflepuff friends.

Sighing, Hoseok reached forward and took a bite from his dinner, curious and afraid as to who he would be placed with.

Despite Hoseok being such a friendly guy, the dude had preferences for who he would want to room with as well. Would the latter wish for a slob of a roommate? No. Did Hoseok hope to have a stuck up prick to share a dorm with? Hell no.

Hoseok had always shared a dorm with 'the boys'; Jin, Soonyoung, Joshua, Seungkwan, Mingyu and Seokmin. Together, their group was extremely fun to be around.

And then there were the other Hufflepuffs. Zhang Yixing, a fellow seventh year, was an easy going guy Hoseok always found fun to be around. He had plenty of inter house friendships, which comes to no surprise as he has such a inviting air, that Hoseok finds it hard not to enjoy being around him.

Yixing would have even been a part of Hoseok's dorm if it weren't for the owl Seokmin had owned up until his third year. Yixing was terrified of birds and, instead, decided to room with a few other Hufflepuffs such as Kim Jungwoo, Lee Taeyong, Choi San and a few others.

There was Yunho. Hoseok loved his sweet personality and bright outlook on life. Whenever he glanced at the boy, he was either dancing or laughing with his own group of friends, which ranged from every single house and of separate years. Was Hoseok surprised? No. Yunho was always a popular guy.

But now all these people he may not get to hang out with as much anymore.

And Seokjin.

If Hoseok didn't have his best friend with him, he was sure he was going to take this to court. He needed the boy's windshield wiper laugh in his life.

Anxiety began to build up in the pit of his stomach.

Pushing his plate away, he began to get up from the table. Seokjin turned with a questioning look, beginning to get up after him.

"I'm not hungry." Hoseok said sadly, then leaving the table of Hufflepuffs bitterly. Jin followed suit.
★ ★ ★