Chapter 28

Maxon's POV

She is pregnant? Two emotions battle in my head. Excitement for my third child but also confused on why her body reacted the way it did. "Doctor if it's a child why did her body react that way?" I ask confused.

"Well Your Majesty, her body was trying to show warning signs for her to either calm down or to get help. Too much stress could harm the baby," the doctor explains and turn towards America. "Now that there is another heir in you, you must follow what is instructed and lighten your work load. Is this clear Your Highness?"

"But I can't let anyone-" America starts

"No her work will be non existent until the child is born," I say directly to the doctor before I turn and address my pissed off wife. "My dear I am sorry but like she said, if you are carrying another child you cannot be stressed. Don't worry everything will be okay."

Once America agreed, the doctor allowed us to leave. I took her right up to our room and laid down with her. She rolled over so we were facing each other.

"Maxon I'm so sorry for everything today," she whispers.

"No don't apologize. You're with me now, that's all that matters," I whisper back, pulling her closer to me. We stayed like that until we both fell asleep.

....
Macon's dream

I wake up in the middle of a grassy field with purple flowers everywhere. As I stand up I see a figure sitting in the middle. As I get closer I can tell it's a female, and she is wearing a dark red gown. I try to call out to the person, but she doesn't respond. I walk closer to her to see her features better.

"Mommy!" I look up to see a little boy with blond hair running up to the women, she looks up and I can tell who she is. America.

"Yes my love, what is it?" She asks. The little boy runs right into her arms.

"Eadlyn is being mean again! She keeps saying she has a lot of work to do and won't play with me!" The little boy yells.

"Well Kaden, she is going to be Queen soon and she needs to know what to do when her time comes," she explains.

Kaden? I look at the boy again. He isn't so little, more around the age of seven or eight. He looks very similar to America's dad. Is this my son?

....
Maxon's POV
I wake up with a jolt. I look back to find America still sleeping soundly. I slip out of the bed and go to the window to look out. Everything is dark except for the moon which shines down over the Forrest in the distance. Kaden. Kaden Schreave. As I remember how my son looked like. And my beautiful America. She looks just as beautiful. I turn back around to see my beautiful wife still sleeping and I can't believe how lucky I am to have her.