Ignorance

Forced Ties Chapter 4

Taehyung paces back and fourth in his office, trying to recall last night. All he remembers is going out with his coworkers, drinking, then next thing he knows he's in bed jerking himself off. He groans and pulls at his hair. "I didn't, mess anything up, did I?" He asks himself.
"Taehyung!" Jungkook bursts through the door and walks around the corner. "How've you been lately?" Taehyung looks at Jungkook with confusion. He had on a fake smile, and the tone in his voice was a bit scary. The guy clearly is not happy.
"What's this about?"
"I don't know. Maybe it's 'cause your husband randomly disappeared for a few nights."
"How, do you know?" Taehyung trails off. Jungkook rolls his eyes.
"I don't know. Maybe next time lock the door, or of course you can just go home to your loving husband, waiting for you at home. I know you were never into guys, but bringing a girl into the office, at work? C'mon now Tae, you should know better than that." Jungkook blurts.
"Hey keep in mind that this was an arranged marriage," Taehyung reminds him. "Plus, he's just some dude. I was just looking for some fun."
Jungkook grabs Taehyung's shirt and pushes him against the wall. "Since when were you interested in girls!" He shouts, letting go of Taehyung, chuckling to himself. "Oh who am I kidding, you're not interested in anyone."
Jungkook glares at Taehyung before walking out of his office.
Taehyung's eyes widened. "Jungkook!" He shouts, to his friend who's already out the door. "Shit!"

Jimin was in his office, currently working with two other people to finish the design for a subscription box when the phone rang. "Mr. Park, someone is here to see you," one of the receptionist says.
"Hmm, have them wait."
"He says he's your husband, and that this is urgent sir."
"Taehyung?"

Jimin excused his friends, and was actually surprised to see why Taehyung is in such a hurry. "What?" Jimin asks when Taehyung walked in. He didn't reply, just panted and locked the doors. Taehyung slowly walks towards Jimin, until Jimin hits the front of his desk, then places both hands besides Jimin. "Look, I'm sorry if you're embarrassed about last night, but I didn't-"
"When?" Taehyung cuts in.
"Sorry?"
"When did you find out?"
"What are you talking about?" Jimin asks. Taehyung takes a deep breath and brings his face closer to Jimin's.
"The girl."
Jimin freezes, unable to answer. "When!" Taehyung shouts and pounds the desk, causing Jimin to flinch. He pushes the angry man away and stands up straighter.
"It was accidental. I don't want to interfere with your life, I don't care if you continue to see her," Jimin says and heads for the door.
"Then why didn't you come home those nights?" Jimin pauses, trying to make up an excuse.
"I wanted to give you and your lady some space."  With that being said, Jimin left the room, leaving a confused Taehyung behind.

That night, Jimin didn't return home again. Taehyung paced the floor anxiously, waiting for his husband to walk through the door. After hours of waiting up, he had fallen asleep on the couch.

"Thank you Jungkook," Jimin says, accepting the hot cup of tea.
"Feel free to come over whenever Taehyung is troubling you," Jungkook offers and sits next to his friend. Jimin nods, taking a sip before resting his head on Jungkook's shoulder. The guy hugs his friend, doing his best to comfort his friend. Jimin would've gone over to Jin, simply because he's easier to talk to, but he has been bothering him for a couple of days now. He didn't know how, but Jungkook called Jimin right after Taehyung showed up at his workplace. Either way, Jimin really thanked him for it, because he wasn't in the mood to face Taehyung at home.

>>>

It's been about a week now, Jimin still hasn't gone home yet. He had completely forgotten about Taehyung and only focused on the next monthly subscription box releasing soon.
*ring ring*
"Hello?"
"Is this Park Jimin?" An unfamiliar voice spoke.
"Yes, how may I help you?"
"Taehyung's your husband, correct?"
"Well-"
"He hasn't been showing up to work the past few days, and didn't even call in. I'm concerned because we have an important project due this Friday."
"Sorry, who's speaking?"
"Namjoon, you may remember me from the night of our party."
"Oh, well, I haven't seen Taehyung either. I'll check in on him and let you know."
"Thank you so much," and with that, the call ended.