dear future me

Dear future me,

To start off, I want to tell you congratulations. Wherever you are now, I am so proud that you have come this far. It's not easy, but to know that you are here is enough for me.

Today I turned 18, it's scary but exciting. To some, you may be an adult now, but remember that to our parents, you are still a child. They watched you grow, from your first steps to your first words. They were there watching and guiding you and until now they still are. You may not always agree with each other, but know that they will love you whatever the matter.
I know that you want to learn on your own, discover whatever the world has to offer, but please, remember that they are always there for you.

As for your friends, know that sometimes people will come and go. So I tell you now to cherish every friend that comes in your life, learn from them and be a reason that they smile today. Look for the friends that complete you and let go of the ones who hurt you, yes, it is hard, but girl, life is so much bigger than them.

Dear future me, before I end this letter, I want to tell you to not forget who you are. In this world where you can easily lose yourself, remember to be yourself. Love the little details of life, treasure the in-betweens, live every moment. Your dreams will stay as dreams if you don't achieve them so try your hardest to do them. And I cannot promise you that life will be easy for you, no, in fact it will only get harder. But when you feel that everything is too hard to handle, just look up to the One who controls all.

I love you always,

18 year old me.