Chapter 1

For the most part Christian's family medical history was a mystery. It was well documented that he was born to a mother that have substance abuse problems. It was a miracle that Christian turned out to be so healthy, so many others in that situation are not so lucky. Christian and I had been married for 3 months and every part of our lives together seemed like a fairy tale. I cannot wait to come home to him. The sex is amazing but the companionship that we both enjoy is the real treat.

I woke up on a Tuesday morning, thinking about what my day was going to look like down at SIP. I sat up at the edge of the bed, looking over to Christian's side of the bed. The sheets were crinkled and thrown haphazardly, he always got up early for work. I wonder if he made coffee? I bounded down the stairs, a faint smell of coffee filling my nostrils. As I walked into the kitchen I noticed Christian's lifeless body on the floor. My hard started pounding so hard it felt like it was going to burst.

"CHRISTIAN!" I screamed shaking him.

No response, but he was breathing, very shallow. I grabbed my phone and called Taylor. Call 911 I yelled to him. I could hear the sound of Taylor talking to a 911 operator. I started CPR. I got on top of him and started chest compressions. I started to feel fatigued only a few minutes in but I forced myself to continue. I heard the sound of the ambulance coming. After that everything seemed like a blur. They took Christian on a stretcher to the hospital. I got into my car and followed the ambulance to the hospital. I quickly called into SIP to tell them I would not be there today. I hurried into the hospital to find that Christian had been taken directly into the ICU. I was ushered to a waiting room while the nurses and doctors stabilized him. What had caused this, he's so healthy? I kept asking myself questions over and over again. My stomach felt like it was tied in knots.

"Would you like a coffee Mrs. Grey?" Taylor asked

"I'm not Hungry" I said quietly trying to keep myself together

"Your quick actions may have saved Mr. Grey's life" commented Taylor.

"Thank you Taylor! I think I'll call Grace and Mia. They will definitely want to be here" I said

I dialed Grace first, she answered on the second ring.

"Hi Ana! How are things with you and Christian?" She asked pleasantly.

"I think Christian had a heart attack and we are in the hospital. He's in ICU" I blurted

"Oh my God!" She gasped "I'll be there as soon as I can"

I hung up and quickly dialed Mia's number and received a similar response. Both said that they were on their way over without hesitation.

Both Mia and Grace arrived before there was any word from the medical staff. We were all silent as we waited to hear about Christian's condition.

"Hi are you Christian's wife?" asked the nurse as she walked into the room

"Yes!" I said practically yelling

"Does he had a history of Cardiac problems?" She asked

I turned to Grace, who knew more about Christian's medical history than I did.

"Not that has been documented. However, his biological mother smoked crack" She replied

"His heart is weak; he has had a mild heart attack" She replied "Does he have a history of fainting?"

"Yes!" Grace answered "He didn't faint often but it has been known to happen. He never had it checked out because it wasn't very frequent and Christian didn't want to waste time and money on something so mild."

"You will be happy to know that he will be fine, there is no lasting damage due because he received medical attention right away but he needs to take it easy for a while"

"I'll be home with him to help him with anything that he needs." I volunteered

"Great! That's exactly what he needs" the nurse replied "Do you want to see him?"

"Of course!" I said jumping off my seat for the door.

I entered the room where Christian was, he was awake and sitting up. He smiled when he saw me. I gave him a big hug, it felt so good to feel his warmth again.

"I'm so glad you all are here" He said. Even in his hospital bed be seemed so in control.

"Christian! I'm so relieved that you're ok!" Mia cried "We were all so scared"

"I know! I don't want to worry everyone but I need to take some time to rest" He said "I need to have a moment with my wife!"

Mia and Grace left the room. He turned to me with sadness in his eyes.

"Have to take time off from running Grey Enterprises" He said "I don't want to push myself and make thing worse"

"I agree Christian! There is no need to push yourself" I agreed

"Ana! I need you to take over Grey Enterprises for me while I recover" He said

"I can't do that" I cried "I don't know the first thing about business or running a corporation"

"I will be there to teach you. There is no one that I trust more than you to do it" He pleaded

"Ok!" I answered with uncertainty "What should I do first?"