Chapter Eighteen

Rowan's POV

Rowan's POV

We got in the car. Ash's wheelchair somehow fit in the trunk. Brandon had the aux cord, so thotiana was playing like 3 minutes of the car ride. The hall is pretty close, so it took like 10 minutes to get there.

Elisia's POV

We step out of the car when we got there. We all helped Ash get out. Ash and I were behind Brandon and Rowan. I told Ash everything about them, I know that's me being a bad friend but we need another Browan shipper. Yes, everyone else and I call them that when they're not around.

"Do friends hold hands?" Ash whispered.

I looked over and almost gasped. They were holding hands tightly bro. I giggled to myself.

Rowan's POV

Brandon and I walked closer to the hall. I felt Brandon touch my hand, signaling me to hold it. I grabbed it and we intertwined our fingers. We hear whispering behind us but I didn't really care.

"Names?" The man asked.

"Brandon Darrow and Rowan Fricks. Soon enough she'll be Rowan Darrow-

I step on Brandon's foot, making him wince. The man chuckled, letting us in. "You fucking whore." I say.

"What did I do?" Brandon asked.

"That made me feel weird. I'm not Rowan Darrow." I said.

"Soon enough you'll be though." Brandon winked, making me snort.

"Rowan, Brandon!" I hear my mom call out.

We turned around and walked over to her. "Hey. What's up?" I say.

"You guys look so good. Why didn't you guys tell me that you're dating? I mean, you guys are holding hands and all-

"Oh um," I looked over at Brandon. "We aren't dating."

"Yet." Brandon says.

My mom chuckled, "Have fun tonight, but not too much fun."

We both nodded, smiling. We turn around. "Brandon, what was that?" I asked.

"What was what?" Brandon asked.

"Yet." I mocked his voice. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Brandon looked down, "Nothing." Brandon awkwardly chuckled, looking back up.

I gave him a look. "Um, I'm gonna go look for something to drink. Do you want anything?" Brandon asks.

I shook my head. Brandon lets go of my hand and goes over to the table filled with food and drinks. I sighed, walking over to a table and sitting down.

I looked around. Everyone was already having fun. I looked down at the table and saw the schedule thing on the table. They will give out their speeches in 30 minutes, but right now we can just chill around and relax.

Brandon looks around and sees me. He comes over and sits next to me. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" Brandon asked.

"No, I'll be good for now." I reassured.

Brandon nods. "So, how are you?" Brandon asked.

"I'm good. What about you?" I say.

"I'm good... just thinking a lot." Brandon says awkwardly.

"About?" I asked.

Brandon paused, "You know. Us."

"Brandon.." I start to say.

"I can't look at you like we're friends, Rowan." Brandon says.

"I can't either." I admitted.

"I know you want time to yourself but-

"I can be in a relationship and still take care of myself." I say.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." Brandon sighs.

"No, no. I genuinely mean it. I want to be with you, Brandon. I've been thinking a lot about us too." I say. "We can be together.."

"So what are you saying? Are you asking me out or something?" Brandon asked.

"Well..." I say, "What do you... want us to be?" I asked.

"I wanna be with you. I just don't know if you actually want to be or just saying that-

"I wanna be with you too, so let's be together." I say with a reassuring smile, holding his hand.

Brandon smiled, "Okay. Sorry for being so- complicated."

"No, it's okay." I say, resting my head against his shoulder. "You've been through a lot."

"You have too and you don't act complicated." Brandon says.

"Just... don't think about that now. Okay?" I say softly, ready to fall asleep even though it's 7:40pm.

"Want me to get you anything, girlfriend?" Brandon smirked.

"Dude, I'll be fine." I say, my cheeks flushing red.

"Okay, okay. Just worrying." Brandon says.

My parents said their speech and now it was time to do whatever we want again. Brandon and I haven't gotten up for anything, besides just that one time he went to go get that drink. They haven't played a slow song yet.

Heartburn by Wafia starts playing (Play the song above)

"Come on, let's go dance. It's one of my favorite songs." Brandon says, grabbing my hand.

"It's not a slow song." I say.

"It's okay, we can make it work." Brandon says. I stood up and followed him to the dance floor.

Brandon puts his hands on my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck. We moved to the beat of the song, keeping eye contact.

And tell me why does my heart burn when I see your face...

Is this why Brandon likes this song? Is it because it reminds him of me? We both leaned in, connecting lips. I felt the familiar taste of mint and I felt butterflies in my stomach, that same feeling every time we kiss.

We pulled away, and we looked at each other's eyes. Brandon's always dilates when he looks at me. I blushed, hugging him. I hugged him like that time he saved me from Zoe.