Chapter One

Matthew’s thumb brushed over the words that lit up on his phone screen. Ever since the last two episodes of Top Model have aired, twitter had been going mad, and Will’s tweets and instagram posts more and more daring. The most recent photo was the one he couldn’t stop staring at. It was a photo of the two of them during the Black Widow shoot, the caption spelling out “How hot are we ;) @matthewstephensmith love my boo ”.

He let out a long sigh. Since Will won the show they hadn’t had much time to spend with each other. Especially just the two of them. Alone. Whether it be because he was too busy shooting for all the deals he had lined up or because he simply wanted to catch up with family and friends. Sure they texted a lot, but he couldn’t help but miss him. A lot. Will just hadn’t had any spare time.  Matthew felt a pang of sadness hit him and ran his fingers through his hair, making it look even messier than before.

Ever since that kiss, he didn’t know what to think anymore. It’s not that he didn’t like the idea of being attracted to another guy. No way. It’s just that these feelings were completely unexpected.  It went from simple admiration to something more. And now he couldn’t get Will out of his mind. God, just remembering he had run his hand down his chest during that Black Widow shoot, his fingers lightly brushing his nipple…

The worst was that he had no idea how Will felt. Sure, they both knew there was a mutual attraction between them, but Matthew couldn’t let go of the thought that their relationship was simply a distraction for Will whilst under the pressure of the competition, and now that the fans were eating up this little ‘showmance’ of theirs, just a way to boost the show’s rating. Yet a little voice in his head kept persisting that Will would never use him like that, that Will is just too kind… that voice is what keeps Matthew sane.

But the doubt still settles in, a heavy weight on his shoulders.

His phone rang, shaking him out of his trance. He couldn’t stop the warmth from spreading upon reading the name. He picked up, letting a smile form on his lips.

“Hey.”

“Heya! I’m sorry I missed your call earlier, my mum was going on about how just because I won a TV show doesn’t mean that I get to miss my turn on cleaning up the dishes. Honestly I can’t see what the big deal is- we have a washing mashing for God’s sake…” Listening to the familiar voice rambling one, Matthew felt a wave of affection overcome him and found himself surrounded by a feeling of peace, of content.

“Matthew? Hellooooo?”

“Yeah, sorry. Spaced out for a sec there.”

“So why did you call earlier?”

There was a pause as Matthew tried to come up with the right words.

I can’t stop thinking about you and it’s driving me insane.

I miss you more than anything and I just needed to hear your voice.

I love you.

“I was bored. We haven’t talked in a while.”

He could practically hear the smile on Will’s face, “We talked yesterday.”

“So?”

This time Will chuckled, “For three hours.”

“Yeah, so?”

I love you, idiot

“Nothing,” He might’ve been imagining the slight longing in his voice, “I wish we could meet up for coffee or something. You should move to LA, much easier for both of us. Then at least I’d have someone to accompany me while I get my daily caffeine fix.”

“I wish. In a couple of months maybe,” He wasn’t sure if he wanted to fully commit to modeling anymore. The show was an amazing experience, but it also made him realize how tough the industry was.

He heard Will sigh on the other end of the phone.

“I’m sorry I’ve been so busy. I miss you.”

“I miss you too."