Chapter 4

Waiting patiently for what I'd ordered, I sit at the bar counter quietly, simply scrolling through my phone in hopes of finding something that's going to give me song ideas. Though, as always, it's of no avail and only makes me more anxious for the new album.

"Goddamn it." I mumble under my breath, taking my hat off for a second to run a hand through my hair.

"Got something on your mind?"

Snapping my head up at the beautiful sound, I'm surprised to find Nari back in front of me and setting down both the beer and the appetizers. I'm content to find buffalo chips sat in front of me, and a nice dark beer beside of it, smiling up at her. I'm somewhat grateful suddenly, that I'm the only one sat at the bar right now, getting to be nearly the only customer she's got to deal with aside from the few other lingering teens off on the other side of the room.

"It's nothing really. I'll get over it and figure it out eventually." I answer softly, happily watching her sit down in front of me on her own stool. She chuckles lightly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"If you say so, though I've been told I'm a very good listener. What's got you out here so late?" Nari responds lightly with a small shrug. I scratch behind my ear once more out of shyness, reluctantly pulling my mask down so that I can begin to eat. Though, glancing back up at her for a moment, I decide upon pushing the basket of chips so that it's more between us rather than just in front of me, before grabbing a chip to eat.

"Worked a little late and missed dinner. You should eat as well. I don't need the whole thing." I answer quietly, informing her of what I'd just made my mind up about. She smiles at me, her eyes nearly doing what Jimin does when he smiles, eyes crinkling up into a bit of a eye smile.

"It sounds like if you've missed dinner, that you need quite a bit more than this." Nari comments in an almost taunting voice before taking a chip herself. I smile a bit at this, glad to see her eating as well. Though, I'm caught off guard when she stands up, suddenly walking away and disappearing into the back of the restaurant.

I'm quick to form a pout, eyes lingering on the spot where she ran off to, wondering why she suddenly decided to leave me. I actually quite enjoyed her company, surprisingly not feeling like I'm wasting my time with being here and not working on the album or comeback.

Sighing softly to myself when I realize she's probably not coming back, I frown a bit as I grab another chip to eat.

This only further fuels my insecurities of not being good enough and letting people down, fearing that she's left because I've not shown any interest in having something more to offer her than just being a simple customer. It makes my throat grow thick, making it hard to swallow as I feel more defeated than before about my performance and ability to not disappoint.

Giving up on the thought of being able to be good enough, I grab the beer she'd gotten me and take a few sips from it. It's definitely good, no surprise that it's probably one of their best selling dark beers. Though, it doesn't particularly make me feel any better, slowly going through the chips a couple at a time and going through the beer at an even slower rate. I'm hoping that if I take long enough, she'll come back out to talk with me, though I grow uncertain of this fact by the time I'm already halfway through the beer she'd gotten me, not eating more than a third of the chips in hopes that she'll come back to have her own share.

However, I'm surprised when she finally appears from the corner in which she'd disappeared from, startled by two plates of food in her hands as she makes her way back towards me behind the counter, that beautiful smile still on her face. I finally take another chip at the sight of this, watching curiously as she reaches me and sets both plates down, one in front of me and one on the other side of the chips in front of her.

"What's this?" I question quietly in surprise, looking up at her with a small pout and wide surprised eyes. She giggles at my expression, handing me silverware and chopsticks.

"You said you missed dinner. We can't be having that, now can we?"