DISCONTINUED。

hey guys. most of you have probably heard this news from my message board, or instagram or from the latest chapter as well. i've made the permanent decision to discontinue MB forever.

i would say it's been a really long journey but it actually haven't been haha i opened MB in the middle of february and it's now the middle of april. it's been around two months but it really felt like it's been so long! i think it was due to the fact that i opened new batches non-stop and never gave myself any time to rest.

recently, i've found myself to be procrastinating on opening new batches and preparing for them. every time i open a new batch, i have to make 7-9 different small banners and that's really time consuming. if you do some quick math, i've opened 8 batches and let's pick the middle number of 8 to multiply it with. multiplying that, it means that i've made 64 banners in total for midnight blues. but that's only for the batches! i also made another 7-9 banners to set up MB in general, for chapters like [ PARTY NEXT DOOR ], or [ 2 AM THOUGHTS ]! so that adds up to the total of 71-3 banners! that's a pretty big number if you ask me.

i've always been pretty insecure of myself, and one thing i'm also insecure about is my graphics. in a way, i see the worth of myself and my graphics in the number of reads of my books. i found myself eyeing and comparing the reads of MB to other graphics books and it's really disappointing. as the number of chapters went up, i also started to panic. this reads to chapter ratio isn't the best and this book may be starting to flop. so like the coward i am, i'm choosing to close this book before it dies off.

sometimes, i feel underappreciated even when i see people doing the payments. i have a payment where you have to check out my portfolio and most people don't even try for this one. they vote on one chapter and then proceed to tell me they're done with all the payments. i mean sure, i guess you're "done" with all the payments. it's really discouraging and disappointing to see that happen.

btw, i really want to thank all of you guys for contributing and supporting this book and for 20k reads! it's a number that i would never expect MB to hit. i know you guys hear this a lot and think, pfft she's trying to be humble. but really, i'm speaking from the bottom of my heart. to this day i still don't know how MB achieved all of this considering the fact that this concept was very unique and never done before. it's not a concept that i would consider to be popular with the audience because it's not some type of cafe, or whatever popular type of concept is used by other graphic designers. it's a very strange take on a graphic shop and my own twist as well since i favor dark concepts and themes. so, thank you so much, for supporting me with this strange book.

i'm going to discontinue and close this book forever though, because sometimes, i feel as if my heart feeds on validation, or in this case, reads. nothing is ever enough for me and there's always a way for me to be slapped by the reality that my graphics aren't good enough than others'.

don't fret though! i won't unpublish this book like i have with my other portfolios and shops. i will keep this up so it will serve as a source of inspiration for others. i've seen some people credit me for inspiring them with my templates and i'm really happy to know that my graphics have the power to inspire people to create!!

for now, i won't make any more cover requests. unless you're a mutual, then i might make you themes or covers if you ask nicely. and maybe i'll do requests through pms in the future! i won't be serving templated-covers anymore but instead freestyles! where i create the "template" or style of the covers from scratch! we'll see what i'll actually do haha

thank you for reading this long ramble of mine and i really hope you'll support my other works! i do have an ongoing graphics competition called [ ENIGMA INN ] and a portfolio i'm very proud of titled [ PAUSE; ]!

to lighten the mood, i have a few memes to share about how i feel about this shop in general lol ::

signing off, via~

signing off, via~