𝟎𝟐.

I found myself in the training room, channeling my intense anger into a punching bag

I found myself in the training room, channeling my intense anger into a punching bag. Blow after blow, I released the relentless rage that seemed to replenish with every passing moment. The haunting image of Claus's face and the echoing gunshots that robbed me of my parents fueled my aggression, each strike driven by vivid memories.

The strain on my wrists became palpable, but I paid no heed. All I yearned for was to exact revenge on Claus, envisioning every punch as a blow to his teeth. The punching bag bore the brunt of my fury, a substitute for the retribution I craved.

As the chain supporting the punching bag emitted a faint cracking sound, signaling potential damage, a familiar voice broke through my focused assault.

"Take it easy," cautioned the voice. I turned to find Steve approaching. "You might not want to break that. I went through about ten of those a few years back."

I grinned, and I couldn't resist walking over to give him a warm hug. "It's good to see you," I expressed, inhaling the subtle fragrance of jasmine that surrounded him.

"And you as well," replied Steve, releasing himself from the embrace. "It's great to see that you're fully recovered. The team was shaken seeing our two newest members leave Sokovia in critical condition." The sorrow reflected in Steve's eyes was evident. "In a way, I think it was a wake-up call. We, the old ones, can take a hit. We should've ensured you were more thoroughly trained before embarking on a mission like that."

"Steve, aren't you the one teaching Wanda not to blame herself? It seems like you should take your advice," I remarked with a smile. Steve nodded, letting out a chuckle. "Trust me. I'm grateful you brought us out there. We were aware of the risks. Sokovia taking flight was unexpected, but... we navigated it as a team and rescued as many people as possible."

"Well, I'm relieved to hear that. I was concerned you might lose trust in us, given that we allowed you to get hurt like that."

I shook my head. "Putting civilians first has to be our priority before worrying about ourselves."

"Spoken like a true Avenger," Steve acknowledged, giving my back a reassuring pat.

Before I could reply, Natasha and Wanda entered the room. "Good timing," Natasha remarked. "I wanted to train you and Wanda before your mission kicks off tomorrow morning."

"Are you both joining us?" I inquired, glancing between Steve and Natasha.

"We wish we could, but it's not possible," the super soldier responded.

"After Sokovia, the press has been relentlessly harassing us," Natasha grumbled, showing clear annoyance. "They want to interview us, ask invasive questions, ridicule us. You know, all that fun stuff."

"There have been 'conspiracy theories' circulating about the Sokovia attack, and they're being discussed on—" Steve paused. "You...Tube?" He glanced at Wanda and me for confirmation, and we both nodded. "We thought we should at least address those."