Corruption

Jughead

I have been helping Betts out with the twins for a long time now and it really makes me think about my sister. My sister is much older than the twins by now but the last time I saw her she was just about their age. She must be almost 12 now. My mom took her away after my dad started drinking, she just didn't care enough about me to take me with her. Thank god she didn't though because from what I've learned from my dad she is horrible. The only thing I wish I could change is that JB is with her. I used to call her Jelly Belly but from talking with her on the phone once a year I know that now she only goes by JB. I wish I had been there to see her grow up. After Betts suggested that I go and visit my dad I thought about it for a long time before I knew that she was right. If I was going to help him get out of jail, and help him see Jelly again, I needed him to know how to help himself. With the council of some horribly trained town lawyer he was advised to take the plea of guilty and be put away for "only" twenty years. I know that this deal is crap. First of all he is innocent, and second of all the council that he was given is not a fair and equal way to put him on trial. Really he hasn't even had a trial just yet. They have only now started talking to him about setting a trial date, so I need to find out when it is, and get him a better lawyer by then.

"Hi i'm here to see FP Jones?" I staged it as a question to the guard who checked my school ID and then led me into a room filled with chairs and plexiglass screens. It is just like they show it in the movies, a big line full of connected desks with plexiglass in the middle, and old fashioned telephone connected to the glass on the right. I sat in a chair towards the middle and waited for them to bring him out. I saw him walk out bloody and bruised and took a gasp so big that it leaned me back on my chair.

"Jug, what are you doing here?" He looked at me with a stern face but I could see that he was hopeful. This made me feel bad, because the last time that I saw him I was yelling and calling him a murderer.

"Dad, I know you didn't do it." I made that my first statement and got right to the point.

"I have some friends who know it too, we are trying to help you, but I need you to tell me everything" He looked at me and using his thumb wiped the blood from under his cheek, just managing to smear it more in the process.

"And how did you come to that conclusion" He looked at me and I knew that he understood the answer but he needed me to say it out loud.

"I stayed with the snake charmer" I put my head down and waited to hear the stream of disappointment that was about to come my way.

"That was the one thing jug! The one thing, that I told you not to do! Do you know how deep she will make you get into this Jug? She could put you right in my place if she wanted to! Do you know how dangerous she is?" He whispered it but I could tell that if we were not in that room he would have been screaming.

"I had to! I couldn't just let everyone think you are a murderer! I couldn't let myself think that!" My voice broke as I remembered all of the trauma that I went through when they put him in jail. I knew that we didn't have much more time so I changed the topic and went to what I really needed to know.

"What happened to you in there? If someone is targeting you it could help out your case" I said it without emotion and sat with my head down waiting for a response.

"It's the guards Jug, the whole place is corrupt" I brought out my pad of paper and looked at the clock. Five more minutes.

"Who? If you tell me their names I might be able to get you transferred back to Riverdale" He sighed and brought his voice back to a low whisper.

"The one over there in the corner, that's Matthews, and the ones that are in my cellblock, Cummings, Marcotte, and Burnham." I wrote it down as the guard in the corner, Matthews walked over and grabbed my dad's arm to take him back. I put my hand on the glass like they do in the movies and shut my eyes as he walked away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday= new POV day! this will happen every Sunday, and will usually be Jughead but sometimes other people and if you request for a certain person.