Twenty five

Melissa's POV

I feel like a zombie, dead on the inside but still functioning.

I ate my lunch behind the garden so no body would spot me but it didn't stop Jack of course with his magical ways of getting to me.

"I need you to understand how sorry I am!" He tells me desperately as he stands in front of me.

"Please leave.." I mutter quietly and he shakes his head.

"I'm not leaving to you look at me like you used to!" He stands his ground.

"That was when I trusted you and you turned for heavens sake Jack if you were or weren't drugged that's isn't a way to have acted!"

"I know I apologise, it's killing me to see you like this!" He tells me desperate for some type of approving from me.

"I forgive you Jack but I won't forget. i truly do care for you as a friend but your actions and addiction are way out of my control." I admit honestly.

He nods his head, "You were worth the chase at least. I will always be there for you Melissa." he slowly makes his way back up the hell and the bell rings making me pack away my things.

I do admit that I feel guilty and sick to my stomach to make him feel as if I have let him down but I can no longer try to be someone I'm not or help with something that is beyond my control and I don't even understand.

The professor is blabbing on about something and as much as I try to listen I can't all I can think about is Cameron and what he is doing, what he is thinking even.

"Read over page 143 and revise the notes I will see you all tomorrow." He knocks me out of my day dreams and I collect my things as I forward out.

I make my way down the busy corridors with people bumping into each other and the loud sounds. I keep my things closer to me but as I pass a class I feel someone grab me and drag me into a room with there hand covering my mouth.

I scream but it comes out muffled and useless.

"It's me it's me!" Cameron yells standing in front of me gripping onto my shoulders.

"Fuck you!" I yell at him as I punch him hard in the chest crying and then in wrap my arms around him as hard as I can.

"I'm back baby." He whispers his hand pressed against my head in a way to keep himself closer to me.

The moment is way to precious to ruin, in this tight confined space I find myself in between Cameron's legs as he latches himself to me.

"Shall we go?" He asks and I shake my head, no.

"I'm sorry," He speaks up and I look at him shocked. "I got angry in a way I didn't know how to handle myself, it just brought back unwanted memories and the thought of you carrying my child just added a whole new level of emotions and stress."

"It's okay" I tell him as his fingers cup my face so my whole attention is focused on him.

"Is this my second chance?" he smirks.

"Second more like millionth" I laugh.

"Okay Mel I think it's time to take you home, I've missed you in ways you can't imagine." He whispers his voice deep and raspy.

"I've already missed out on so much because of you! I will not miss out on any more." I tell him standing my ground.

"I'm truly offended Miss Spence" he shakes his head, "I mean I was going to set up some fondue for two."

"Fondue? as in chocolate and extras..."

"As in Belgium chocolate and the softest marshmallows that you could ever get but of course I would be eating it all alone" He shrugs, "nude." He mutters the last bit.