Prologue

Throughout the concert, Jungkook found that his powers kept trying to sneak out, and he was having a hard time suppressing them. Luckily, he hadn't gone as far as to compel the crowd again, so at least he'd only have one serial arson case on his conscience.  It was when the crowd screamed- Jimin's jacket had fallen again, a truly unfortunate accident- that Jungkook felt that same wave of power flood over him, and he finally realised what it was. He had never thought he'd actually experience it himself- let alone at a concert. He could remember Yugyeom- another siren- talking about to him about it while they were out bowling. 'It' being finding your mate. Yugyeom had talked about how he had felt a surge of energy, and the sudden desire to use his voice, to lure his mate in. You see, even in the ancient times, humans had always been wary of sirens. And for a good reason, too. Hey were vicious, manipulative, possessive, completely dangerous- but only because they wanted to ensure that their mate was theirs, and theirs alone. And now, when Jungkook knew that his mate was near, he could feel those exact emotions beginning to rise within him. But first, he had to meet them...and luckily for him, this particular concert happened to be followed by a fan-meeting.

Jungkook stepped out, a smile on his face as he heard the cheers already rolling in. And to think, he scoffed to himself, they hadn't even heard his voice in person yet. He bowed, greeting the masses of fans along with the other members. It was such an advantage to be in a boyband when you're a siren, he mused. Everyone that heard his singing fell in love, and if he wanted to, he could even compel them to do things for him. But he wasn't going to do that, not to all of these loyal victims who supported them so greatly already. So, as Jungkook began to sing, he was shocked to feel a sudden wave of power wash over him, and he found himself accidentally activating his powers. Damn it, now everyone who had attended the concert was going to "burn it up". Hopefully, his accidential use of his powers wouldn't create a mass arsen case, but couldn't exactly reverse it anyway. Though, he wondered, why did he slip up like that? He had never slipped up before, not once- and he's lived for quite some time.