Chapter 39: Confirmation & Confession

Your Point of View

We have been riding on for more than an hour to arrive at Wall Rose to find out and confirm where the hole is or if there really was a hole in the first place. No one engaged a talk until Levi suddenly called me.

"Abnormal, you and I will be staying back." Levi announced which made me frown.

I don't know, but the tone of the way he mumbled you and I sounded so weird for my ears.

Hell, why is he like this? Is he really proving that he really is willing to protect someone like me?

Shit, don't tell me he let his feelings get the best of him again. I knew the thing he thinks about Eric and how he was very jealous of him.

"What? You are the one who is injured here, Levi. I am not."

"I told you, I won't ever leave you alone. I have to protect you."

Whew, I want to choke because of how cheesy the lines he threw. What is going on with him?

"You know what? You should rest. Don't worry about me just this once, please? I'll be fine. Not like we have much to do aside from checking the hole, though." I tried to convinced him.

Ah, I think I know where this is going to. Are we going to debate about me again?

"No one knows what might happen, (y/n). If you're putting yourself into any trouble, I need to be there."

"Can you please don't go hard on me sometimes? I will be—"

"No, this is my final decision. You're not partaking on any missions."

"Levi, I can handle myse—"

"Just shut up and follow orders."

Okay, fine. You are the captain and I can't do anything with that, can I? This is why I hate fucking ranks.

I knew it, arguing again with this jerk would lead to nowhere. He's always on top, he is fucking authoritative that no one could even fucking counter someone like him. I get it.

I just shut my mouth until I realized that the scouts already left the two of us and the remaining soldiers who plans to go somewhere else I wasn't able to know, thanks to Shorty for muting this malfunctioning mouth of mine.

Hanji and Eren's friends already went up the wall together with the scouts who were also ordered to go up with them.

How I wish I was able to go with them. How I wish Levi wasn't as overprotective as Eric was to me.

"So, where do you plan to go with me?" I asked when there were only the two of us left riding on the wagon and oh, I forgot to mention that priest who now sitting in front of us.

"Brat, are you still upset at me for locking you up?" Shorty crossed his arms and legs then glanced at me.

Wow, really? He is asking for me to answer the obvious to his question?He didn't even answer mine first.

I sarcastically chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Great, the (y/n) I used to know is reverting back to its original self."

My eyebrows knitted at him. What the hell is wrong with this guy and he started acting weird once again?

"What...do you mean?" L

"You've changed a lot ever since we captured your twin and Eric died. It is good to see that you're acting like the usual (y/n) again, Abnormal." Levi smiled at me.